These two Cheshire Dogs Home pets need a new home

Warrington Guardian: These two Cheshire Dogs Home pets need a new home These two Cheshire Dogs Home pets need a new home

CAN you help these two inseparable pooches?

Cheshire Dogs Home in Grappenhall is looking for new owners for brother and sister Gwen and Glen who arrived at the kennels after their owner became too ill to walk them.

The pair were overweight and immediately put on a healthy diet but both are now much fitter.

Anna Stansfield, home manager, said: “Gwen and Glen are great characters and very loving and friendly dogs.

“The staff and volunteers here absolutely love them and they’re really inseparable so we’re determined to re-home them together.

“They’re not overly keen on meeting other dogs as they’re very happy in each other’s company so we’re looking for a home where they can relax and spend time with each other and with their new owners.”

Anyone who can help should call 0844 504 1212.

Comments (15)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

6:02pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Newarrival says...

These are thug dogs, and only a thug would give them a home.
These are thug dogs, and only a thug would give them a home. Newarrival
  • Score: -26

8:08pm Mon 31 Mar 14

Bernard6 says...

A breed of dog unfairly maligned by people ignorant of the facts. Thug dogs are the result of thug owners who have taught or mistreated their dogs and as a result have aggressive animal.
The kennel club states that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are
" Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children. Temperament: Bold, fearless and totally reliable."
As a dog owner (spaniel) I have encountered many Staffies on my walks and always found them to be fun loving and obedient. There are as many grumpy staffies as other breeds.
Don't blame the dog blame the owner!
A breed of dog unfairly maligned by people ignorant of the facts. Thug dogs are the result of thug owners who have taught or mistreated their dogs and as a result have aggressive animal. The kennel club states that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are " Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children. Temperament: Bold, fearless and totally reliable." As a dog owner (spaniel) I have encountered many Staffies on my walks and always found them to be fun loving and obedient. There are as many grumpy staffies as other breeds. Don't blame the dog blame the owner! Bernard6
  • Score: 25

9:11pm Mon 31 Mar 14

muckerman says...

Ugly nasty dogs - get em' put down!
Sadly, plenty of facts about people getting attacked and killed.
Status dogs, stupid owners.
Ugly nasty dogs - get em' put down! Sadly, plenty of facts about people getting attacked and killed. Status dogs, stupid owners. muckerman
  • Score: -22

9:54pm Mon 31 Mar 14

muckerman says...

Plenty of horrors on Youtube with guide dogs being attacked by these idiot owned dogs.
Plenty of horrors on Youtube with guide dogs being attacked by these idiot owned dogs. muckerman
  • Score: -12

7:53am Tue 1 Apr 14

grey_man says...

muckerman wrote:
Ugly nasty dogs - get em' put down!
Sadly, plenty of facts about people getting attacked and killed.
Status dogs, stupid owners.
The point has already been made that the breed is not the issue but the owners. Unfortunately staffies are attractive to cretins which is why there are so many in our local dogs homes, but by nature they are genuinely nice dogs. People should keep an open mind about this breed but also only home dogs that are suitable for their particular circumstances.
[quote][p][bold]muckerman[/bold] wrote: Ugly nasty dogs - get em' put down! Sadly, plenty of facts about people getting attacked and killed. Status dogs, stupid owners.[/p][/quote]The point has already been made that the breed is not the issue but the owners. Unfortunately staffies are attractive to cretins which is why there are so many in our local dogs homes, but by nature they are genuinely nice dogs. People should keep an open mind about this breed but also only home dogs that are suitable for their particular circumstances. grey_man
  • Score: 16

11:38am Tue 1 Apr 14

Nick Tessla says...

Newarrival wrote:
These are thug dogs, and only a thug would give them a home.
So many of them in Warrington they should be on the coat of arms.
[quote][p][bold]Newarrival[/bold] wrote: These are thug dogs, and only a thug would give them a home.[/p][/quote]So many of them in Warrington they should be on the coat of arms. Nick Tessla
  • Score: -6

12:00pm Tue 1 Apr 14

Uncoded says...

In most cases, it's the dog owner that should be put down, not the dog.
In most cases, it's the dog owner that should be put down, not the dog. Uncoded
  • Score: 23

3:29pm Tue 1 Apr 14

tarasmum says...

I was thinking maybe these two would be OK, but then I read that they are not 'overly keen' on other dogs!! In other words, they would attack other dogs!! Cheshire Dogs Home, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. With the best will in the world, their new owners will have to keep them away from other dogs and we all know, don't we, that this just isn't going to happen?! I'm sorry, but these dogs should NOT be rehomed.
I was thinking maybe these two would be OK, but then I read that they are not 'overly keen' on other dogs!! In other words, they would attack other dogs!! Cheshire Dogs Home, you ought to be ashamed of yourselves. With the best will in the world, their new owners will have to keep them away from other dogs and we all know, don't we, that this just isn't going to happen?! I'm sorry, but these dogs should NOT be rehomed. tarasmum
  • Score: -11

3:34pm Tue 1 Apr 14

tarasmum says...

Bernard6 wrote:
A breed of dog unfairly maligned by people ignorant of the facts. Thug dogs are the result of thug owners who have taught or mistreated their dogs and as a result have aggressive animal.
The kennel club states that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are
" Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children. Temperament: Bold, fearless and totally reliable."
As a dog owner (spaniel) I have encountered many Staffies on my walks and always found them to be fun loving and obedient. There are as many grumpy staffies as other breeds.
Don't blame the dog blame the owner!
Don't agree. I know a staffie owned by a respectable middle aged couple and they love it. It attacked my dog in an unprovoked attack and I won't go anywhere near it now. He has also been attacked by a staffie on the loose and my last dog was attacked TWICE by staffies, both with their owners. I DO NOT trust the breed and never will!
[quote][p][bold]Bernard6[/bold] wrote: A breed of dog unfairly maligned by people ignorant of the facts. Thug dogs are the result of thug owners who have taught or mistreated their dogs and as a result have aggressive animal. The kennel club states that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are " Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children. Temperament: Bold, fearless and totally reliable." As a dog owner (spaniel) I have encountered many Staffies on my walks and always found them to be fun loving and obedient. There are as many grumpy staffies as other breeds. Don't blame the dog blame the owner![/p][/quote]Don't agree. I know a staffie owned by a respectable middle aged couple and they love it. It attacked my dog in an unprovoked attack and I won't go anywhere near it now. He has also been attacked by a staffie on the loose and my last dog was attacked TWICE by staffies, both with their owners. I DO NOT trust the breed and never will! tarasmum
  • Score: -8

5:08pm Tue 1 Apr 14

GRUMPY PARENT says...

tarasmum wrote:
Bernard6 wrote:
A breed of dog unfairly maligned by people ignorant of the facts. Thug dogs are the result of thug owners who have taught or mistreated their dogs and as a result have aggressive animal.
The kennel club states that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are
" Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children. Temperament: Bold, fearless and totally reliable."
As a dog owner (spaniel) I have encountered many Staffies on my walks and always found them to be fun loving and obedient. There are as many grumpy staffies as other breeds.
Don't blame the dog blame the owner!
Don't agree. I know a staffie owned by a respectable middle aged couple and they love it. It attacked my dog in an unprovoked attack and I won't go anywhere near it now. He has also been attacked by a staffie on the loose and my last dog was attacked TWICE by staffies, both with their owners. I DO NOT trust the breed and never will!
I had a staffie as a child and I disagree with you, it was the daftest most docile dog ever, so intelligent and respectful of my dad. I used to jump all over her and she never EVER shown any signs of aggression towards me. She lived for her tennis ball and would do anything for it. Unfortunately for the bread many people abuse them hence the horror stories we hear so often. You can train any bread to be aggressive but you can also teach any bread to be passive, it is down to the individual owner. I have a Springer and you would not even believe what tricks etc she can do she is so clever. It's the owners not the dogs and you will not change my opinion on that!
[quote][p][bold]tarasmum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bernard6[/bold] wrote: A breed of dog unfairly maligned by people ignorant of the facts. Thug dogs are the result of thug owners who have taught or mistreated their dogs and as a result have aggressive animal. The kennel club states that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are " Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children. Temperament: Bold, fearless and totally reliable." As a dog owner (spaniel) I have encountered many Staffies on my walks and always found them to be fun loving and obedient. There are as many grumpy staffies as other breeds. Don't blame the dog blame the owner![/p][/quote]Don't agree. I know a staffie owned by a respectable middle aged couple and they love it. It attacked my dog in an unprovoked attack and I won't go anywhere near it now. He has also been attacked by a staffie on the loose and my last dog was attacked TWICE by staffies, both with their owners. I DO NOT trust the breed and never will![/p][/quote]I had a staffie as a child and I disagree with you, it was the daftest most docile dog ever, so intelligent and respectful of my dad. I used to jump all over her and she never EVER shown any signs of aggression towards me. She lived for her tennis ball and would do anything for it. Unfortunately for the bread many people abuse them hence the horror stories we hear so often. You can train any bread to be aggressive but you can also teach any bread to be passive, it is down to the individual owner. I have a Springer and you would not even believe what tricks etc she can do she is so clever. It's the owners not the dogs and you will not change my opinion on that! GRUMPY PARENT
  • Score: 11

7:12pm Tue 1 Apr 14

muckerman says...

Too many horror stories Grumps, can we afford take our chances with these type of dogs? I had a mate who thought his dog was OK with kids - until it bit half her (his stepdaughters) face off. This is why I hate them with a passion.

...If needed I will pay the Vet to put them down.
Too many horror stories Grumps, can we afford take our chances with these type of dogs? I had a mate who thought his dog was OK with kids - until it bit half her (his stepdaughters) face off. This is why I hate them with a passion. ...If needed I will pay the Vet to put them down. muckerman
  • Score: -10

8:49am Wed 2 Apr 14

Uncoded says...

muckerman wrote:
Too many horror stories Grumps, can we afford take our chances with these type of dogs? I had a mate who thought his dog was OK with kids - until it bit half her (his stepdaughters) face off. This is why I hate them with a passion.

...If needed I will pay the Vet to put them down.
I consider humans are more dangerous than dogs.
Imagine if we applied your thinking to humans.
Should we destroy all male adults just because a small number of male adults commit assault and murder? After all, we hear many horror stories the actions of these people.
[quote][p][bold]muckerman[/bold] wrote: Too many horror stories Grumps, can we afford take our chances with these type of dogs? I had a mate who thought his dog was OK with kids - until it bit half her (his stepdaughters) face off. This is why I hate them with a passion. ...If needed I will pay the Vet to put them down.[/p][/quote]I consider humans are more dangerous than dogs. Imagine if we applied your thinking to humans. Should we destroy all male adults just because a small number of male adults commit assault and murder? After all, we hear many horror stories the actions of these people. Uncoded
  • Score: 6

8:41pm Wed 2 Apr 14

muckerman says...

Uncoded wrote:
muckerman wrote:
Too many horror stories Grumps, can we afford take our chances with these type of dogs? I had a mate who thought his dog was OK with kids - until it bit half her (his stepdaughters) face off. This is why I hate them with a passion.

...If needed I will pay the Vet to put them down.
I consider humans are more dangerous than dogs.
Imagine if we applied your thinking to humans.
Should we destroy all male adults just because a small number of male adults commit assault and murder? After all, we hear many horror stories the actions of these people.
I would never be so stupid as to compare humans with dogs, and I don't advocate destroying all dogs as you suggest.
[quote][p][bold]Uncoded[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]muckerman[/bold] wrote: Too many horror stories Grumps, can we afford take our chances with these type of dogs? I had a mate who thought his dog was OK with kids - until it bit half her (his stepdaughters) face off. This is why I hate them with a passion. ...If needed I will pay the Vet to put them down.[/p][/quote]I consider humans are more dangerous than dogs. Imagine if we applied your thinking to humans. Should we destroy all male adults just because a small number of male adults commit assault and murder? After all, we hear many horror stories the actions of these people.[/p][/quote]I would never be so stupid as to compare humans with dogs, and I don't advocate destroying all dogs as you suggest. muckerman
  • Score: 3

11:14pm Sat 5 Apr 14

local man says...

Prospective owner should possess a minimum 2 pairs grey jogging bottoms and 3 baseball caps, and must strive to 'look ard' when hanging around street with muts. Plenty of time on your hands every day and a bad attitude would be an advantage.
Prospective owner should possess a minimum 2 pairs grey jogging bottoms and 3 baseball caps, and must strive to 'look ard' when hanging around street with muts. Plenty of time on your hands every day and a bad attitude would be an advantage. local man
  • Score: 1

1:55pm Sun 6 Apr 14

tarasmum says...

GRUMPY PARENT wrote:
tarasmum wrote:
Bernard6 wrote:
A breed of dog unfairly maligned by people ignorant of the facts. Thug dogs are the result of thug owners who have taught or mistreated their dogs and as a result have aggressive animal.
The kennel club states that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are
" Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children. Temperament: Bold, fearless and totally reliable."
As a dog owner (spaniel) I have encountered many Staffies on my walks and always found them to be fun loving and obedient. There are as many grumpy staffies as other breeds.
Don't blame the dog blame the owner!
Don't agree. I know a staffie owned by a respectable middle aged couple and they love it. It attacked my dog in an unprovoked attack and I won't go anywhere near it now. He has also been attacked by a staffie on the loose and my last dog was attacked TWICE by staffies, both with their owners. I DO NOT trust the breed and never will!
I had a staffie as a child and I disagree with you, it was the daftest most docile dog ever, so intelligent and respectful of my dad. I used to jump all over her and she never EVER shown any signs of aggression towards me. She lived for her tennis ball and would do anything for it. Unfortunately for the bread many people abuse them hence the horror stories we hear so often. You can train any bread to be aggressive but you can also teach any bread to be passive, it is down to the individual owner. I have a Springer and you would not even believe what tricks etc she can do she is so clever. It's the owners not the dogs and you will not change my opinion on that!
Don't care if you do disagree with me. Did you actually red my comments?? The staffie who attacked my dog is loved and has a good home, not owned by yobs. This dog has also attacked it's owner, but she just shrugs it off!! I repeat I DO NOT TRUST THIS BREED and never will !!!
[quote][p][bold]GRUMPY PARENT[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]tarasmum[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Bernard6[/bold] wrote: A breed of dog unfairly maligned by people ignorant of the facts. Thug dogs are the result of thug owners who have taught or mistreated their dogs and as a result have aggressive animal. The kennel club states that Staffordshire Bull Terriers are " Traditionally of indomitable courage and tenacity. Highly intelligent and affectionate especially with children. Temperament: Bold, fearless and totally reliable." As a dog owner (spaniel) I have encountered many Staffies on my walks and always found them to be fun loving and obedient. There are as many grumpy staffies as other breeds. Don't blame the dog blame the owner![/p][/quote]Don't agree. I know a staffie owned by a respectable middle aged couple and they love it. It attacked my dog in an unprovoked attack and I won't go anywhere near it now. He has also been attacked by a staffie on the loose and my last dog was attacked TWICE by staffies, both with their owners. I DO NOT trust the breed and never will![/p][/quote]I had a staffie as a child and I disagree with you, it was the daftest most docile dog ever, so intelligent and respectful of my dad. I used to jump all over her and she never EVER shown any signs of aggression towards me. She lived for her tennis ball and would do anything for it. Unfortunately for the bread many people abuse them hence the horror stories we hear so often. You can train any bread to be aggressive but you can also teach any bread to be passive, it is down to the individual owner. I have a Springer and you would not even believe what tricks etc she can do she is so clever. It's the owners not the dogs and you will not change my opinion on that![/p][/quote]Don't care if you do disagree with me. Did you actually red my comments?? The staffie who attacked my dog is loved and has a good home, not owned by yobs. This dog has also attacked it's owner, but she just shrugs it off!! I repeat I DO NOT TRUST THIS BREED and never will !!! tarasmum
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree