GOLBORNE Road in Winwick has been reopened by police after a road repair vehicle carrying propane was involved in a fire.
Three fire engines were called to the scene close to the Swan pub and have used two reel jets to extinguish the blaze.
The vehicle was carrying tarmac and a propane cylinder.
An oil leak was also caused during the incident, reported at 11.53am today, Friday.
A team from Warrington Borough Council has been called in to cover leaked oil with sand.
The incident happened on Golborne Road between Myddleton Lane and Newton Road.
Police warned congestion has built up with drivers advised to avoid the Winwick area.