Penketh pub to launch real ale festival

Festival organisers Andy and Jade Mulholland raise a toast with Halton Clr Eddie Jones

Festival organisers Andy and Jade Mulholland raise a toast with Halton Clr Eddie Jones

First published in News
Last updated

A MUSIC and real ale festival is being launched in Widnes by a Penketh pub.

The three day event is expected to attract thousands of visitors to Victoria Park from March 7-9.

Real Festivales event organiser Andy Mulholland, manager of The Ferry Tavern in Penketh, said: “We have run several events similar to this in the past and know there is a real appetite for this unique venture.”

The festival runs from 6pm-11pm on Friday, midday to 4pm and 6pm-11pm on Saturday, and midday to 5pm on Sunday.

Tickets priced from £5 are available online from realfestivales.com or The Ferry Tavern, and includes entrance, an event programme and glass (to be returned at the end of the session).

Anyone intending to go to the event will find Victoria Park, Widnes directly opposite the train station on the Manchester to Liverpool train line giving easy access.

Trains run before and after the event in both directions.

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

5:16pm Mon 17 Feb 14

GRUMPY PARENT says...

Make sure you wear your wellies. If you go back to the ferry tavern for late tipping a life jacket would be advisable!
Still Grumpy
Make sure you wear your wellies. If you go back to the ferry tavern for late tipping a life jacket would be advisable! Still Grumpy GRUMPY PARENT
  • Score: 0

5:02pm Thu 20 Feb 14

Kid from the Keth says...

GRUMPY PARENT wrote:
Make sure you wear your wellies. If you go back to the ferry tavern for late tipping a life jacket would be advisable!
Still Grumpy
Some interesting snippets of information...

Definition of Troll (from Wikipedia):

"An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion".

What is the psychological profile of a Troll?..

"Trolls are typically anti-social and often depressed or less often just ADHD. Think of them as the kid who acts up in class, making disruptive jokes, or other people who do bad things to get attention. They typically have problems at home or just in their general social life. The depressed or ADHD ones are often doing it to try to "feel" something. Since normal life isn't causing them to feel normal emotions they try doing things outside of the norm.

The reason they are spread all over Y!A is because a lot of anti-social and/or depressed people use computers as an escape, in fact it is a very common addiction today. Note that computer addiction is not technically considered a disorder but rather a result of existing disorders".

"They are people who do not feel that they matter very much in life. So, interjecting something that makes others react, can make them feel, at least temporarily that they somehow matter. It gives a false sense of superiority. It is akin to people who deliberately dress in odd clothes or have outlandish hair or piercings or tattoos etc. They seek to provoke reaction.

For normal people, such negative reaction as they get would seem undesirable, but for these poor souls it is about all the reaction they get. I suppose to them it is like, bad breath is better than no breath".

Glad I'm not a troll...
[quote][p][bold]GRUMPY PARENT[/bold] wrote: Make sure you wear your wellies. If you go back to the ferry tavern for late tipping a life jacket would be advisable! Still Grumpy[/p][/quote]Some interesting snippets of information... Definition of Troll (from Wikipedia): "An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion". What is the psychological profile of a Troll?.. "Trolls are typically anti-social and often depressed or less often just ADHD. Think of them as the kid who acts up in class, making disruptive jokes, or other people who do bad things to get attention. They typically have problems at home or just in their general social life. The depressed or ADHD ones are often doing it to try to "feel" something. Since normal life isn't causing them to feel normal emotions they try doing things outside of the norm. The reason they are spread all over Y!A is because a lot of anti-social and/or depressed people use computers as an escape, in fact it is a very common addiction today. Note that computer addiction is not technically considered a disorder but rather a result of existing disorders". "They are people who do not feel that they matter very much in life. So, interjecting something that makes others react, can make them feel, at least temporarily that they somehow matter. It gives a false sense of superiority. It is akin to people who deliberately dress in odd clothes or have outlandish hair or piercings or tattoos etc. They seek to provoke reaction. For normal people, such negative reaction as they get would seem undesirable, but for these poor souls it is about all the reaction they get. I suppose to them it is like, bad breath is better than no breath". Glad I'm not a troll... Kid from the Keth
  • Score: 2

8:26am Fri 21 Feb 14

PageA says...

I dont think Grumpy Parent is a troll even though I disagree with much of what he says and the way he says it. Here his flippant remark is relevant to the pub, which flooded, but not this park which is in Widnes and not Warrington. You're not a troll Keith from the Keth, but what do you call a man that only comments on stories about the Ferry Tavern? Someone who takes the time to correct other people's statements about who built up the river banks in front of the pub..Someone who knows an awful lot about this one particular subject....mmmmm....
.Should we call you Landlord?
I dont think Grumpy Parent is a troll even though I disagree with much of what he says and the way he says it. Here his flippant remark is relevant to the pub, which flooded, but not this park which is in Widnes and not Warrington. You're not a troll Keith from the Keth, but what do you call a man that only comments on stories about the Ferry Tavern? Someone who takes the time to correct other people's statements about who built up the river banks in front of the pub..Someone who knows an awful lot about this one particular subject....mmmmm.... .Should we call you Landlord? PageA
  • Score: 0

9:51am Fri 21 Feb 14

Kid from the Keth says...

PageA wrote:
I dont think Grumpy Parent is a troll even though I disagree with much of what he says and the way he says it. Here his flippant remark is relevant to the pub, which flooded, but not this park which is in Widnes and not Warrington. You're not a troll Keith from the Keth, but what do you call a man that only comments on stories about the Ferry Tavern? Someone who takes the time to correct other people's statements about who built up the river banks in front of the pub..Someone who knows an awful lot about this one particular subject....mmmmm....

.Should we call you Landlord?
Oooooo... Almost Sherlock!! Lets say a close relative of the 'Landlord'.

Of course people are welcome to post opinions freely on public forums but when they take every opportunity to poke fun at other people's misfortunes it becomes intolerable. I'd say it fits the definition of troll!
[quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: I dont think Grumpy Parent is a troll even though I disagree with much of what he says and the way he says it. Here his flippant remark is relevant to the pub, which flooded, but not this park which is in Widnes and not Warrington. You're not a troll Keith from the Keth, but what do you call a man that only comments on stories about the Ferry Tavern? Someone who takes the time to correct other people's statements about who built up the river banks in front of the pub..Someone who knows an awful lot about this one particular subject....mmmmm.... .Should we call you Landlord?[/p][/quote]Oooooo... Almost Sherlock!! Lets say a close relative of the 'Landlord'. Of course people are welcome to post opinions freely on public forums but when they take every opportunity to poke fun at other people's misfortunes it becomes intolerable. I'd say it fits the definition of troll! Kid from the Keth
  • Score: 0

10:21am Fri 21 Feb 14

PageA says...

Kid from the Keth wrote:
PageA wrote:
I dont think Grumpy Parent is a troll even though I disagree with much of what he says and the way he says it. Here his flippant remark is relevant to the pub, which flooded, but not this park which is in Widnes and not Warrington. You're not a troll Keith from the Keth, but what do you call a man that only comments on stories about the Ferry Tavern? Someone who takes the time to correct other people's statements about who built up the river banks in front of the pub..Someone who knows an awful lot about this one particular subject....mmmmm....


.Should we call you Landlord?
Oooooo... Almost Sherlock!! Lets say a close relative of the 'Landlord'.

Of course people are welcome to post opinions freely on public forums but when they take every opportunity to poke fun at other people's misfortunes it becomes intolerable. I'd say it fits the definition of troll!
What did I hear on top gear last week..'Opinions are like ar**holes..everybody
's got one.' I wouldn't let him get under your skin.
[quote][p][bold]Kid from the Keth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: I dont think Grumpy Parent is a troll even though I disagree with much of what he says and the way he says it. Here his flippant remark is relevant to the pub, which flooded, but not this park which is in Widnes and not Warrington. You're not a troll Keith from the Keth, but what do you call a man that only comments on stories about the Ferry Tavern? Someone who takes the time to correct other people's statements about who built up the river banks in front of the pub..Someone who knows an awful lot about this one particular subject....mmmmm.... .Should we call you Landlord?[/p][/quote]Oooooo... Almost Sherlock!! Lets say a close relative of the 'Landlord'. Of course people are welcome to post opinions freely on public forums but when they take every opportunity to poke fun at other people's misfortunes it becomes intolerable. I'd say it fits the definition of troll![/p][/quote]What did I hear on top gear last week..'Opinions are like ar**holes..everybody 's got one.' I wouldn't let him get under your skin. PageA
  • Score: 0

10:39am Fri 21 Feb 14

Kid from the Keth says...

PageA wrote:
Kid from the Keth wrote:
PageA wrote:
I dont think Grumpy Parent is a troll even though I disagree with much of what he says and the way he says it. Here his flippant remark is relevant to the pub, which flooded, but not this park which is in Widnes and not Warrington. You're not a troll Keith from the Keth, but what do you call a man that only comments on stories about the Ferry Tavern? Someone who takes the time to correct other people's statements about who built up the river banks in front of the pub..Someone who knows an awful lot about this one particular subject....mmmmm....



.Should we call you Landlord?
Oooooo... Almost Sherlock!! Lets say a close relative of the 'Landlord'.

Of course people are welcome to post opinions freely on public forums but when they take every opportunity to poke fun at other people's misfortunes it becomes intolerable. I'd say it fits the definition of troll!
What did I hear on top gear last week..'Opinions are like ar**holes..everybody

's got one.' I wouldn't let him get under your skin.
A very good point Page A!!! Thanks :-)
[quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Kid from the Keth[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PageA[/bold] wrote: I dont think Grumpy Parent is a troll even though I disagree with much of what he says and the way he says it. Here his flippant remark is relevant to the pub, which flooded, but not this park which is in Widnes and not Warrington. You're not a troll Keith from the Keth, but what do you call a man that only comments on stories about the Ferry Tavern? Someone who takes the time to correct other people's statements about who built up the river banks in front of the pub..Someone who knows an awful lot about this one particular subject....mmmmm.... .Should we call you Landlord?[/p][/quote]Oooooo... Almost Sherlock!! Lets say a close relative of the 'Landlord'. Of course people are welcome to post opinions freely on public forums but when they take every opportunity to poke fun at other people's misfortunes it becomes intolerable. I'd say it fits the definition of troll![/p][/quote]What did I hear on top gear last week..'Opinions are like ar**holes..everybody 's got one.' I wouldn't let him get under your skin.[/p][/quote]A very good point Page A!!! Thanks :-) Kid from the Keth
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree