Girl taken to hospital following Orford crash

Warrington Guardian: Girl taken to hospital following Orford crash Girl taken to hospital following Orford crash

AN 11-year-old girl has been taken to hospital with a shoulder injury following a collision on Poplars Avenue today, Friday.

Police were called to the incident at 7.13am.

The girl, a pedestrian, was involved in a collision with a Peugeot 106.

She has been taken to Warrington Hospital for treatment.

Police say the injuries are not thought to be life threatening and that she is in a stable condition.

No arrests have been made at this stage.

Anyone with information can call police on 101.

Comments (6)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:40am Sun 22 Dec 13

MAD 4 IT says...

GET THE SPEED CAMERAS ON POPLARS AVENUE BEFORE SOMEONE IS KILLED WITH THE SPEEDING CARS !
GET THE SPEED CAMERAS ON POPLARS AVENUE BEFORE SOMEONE IS KILLED WITH THE SPEEDING CARS ! MAD 4 IT

9:33pm Sun 22 Dec 13

Cheap Mower says...

MAD 4 IT wrote:
GET THE SPEED CAMERAS ON POPLARS AVENUE BEFORE SOMEONE IS KILLED WITH THE SPEEDING CARS !
Or parents should teach their children how to safely cross the road. I't doesn't say anything in this story about the car speeding
[quote][p][bold]MAD 4 IT[/bold] wrote: GET THE SPEED CAMERAS ON POPLARS AVENUE BEFORE SOMEONE IS KILLED WITH THE SPEEDING CARS ![/p][/quote]Or parents should teach their children how to safely cross the road. I't doesn't say anything in this story about the car speeding Cheap Mower

11:21pm Sun 22 Dec 13

MAD 4 IT says...

BET WITNESSES WHO SEEN THE INCIDENT WOULD HAVE SEEN THE CAR SPEEDING ! OR WHY DIDNT THE DRIVER PERFORM A "EMERGENCY STOP" ??
BET WITNESSES WHO SEEN THE INCIDENT WOULD HAVE SEEN THE CAR SPEEDING ! OR WHY DIDNT THE DRIVER PERFORM A "EMERGENCY STOP" ?? MAD 4 IT

11:23pm Sun 22 Dec 13

MAD 4 IT says...

POPLARS AVENUE NEEDS MORE "SPEED HUMPS" TO SLOW DOWN CONSTANT SPEEDING CARS AND STOP IT FROM BEING A RAT-RUN !
POPLARS AVENUE NEEDS MORE "SPEED HUMPS" TO SLOW DOWN CONSTANT SPEEDING CARS AND STOP IT FROM BEING A RAT-RUN ! MAD 4 IT

3:33am Tue 24 Dec 13

Orford_Ian says...

Cheap Mower wrote:
MAD 4 IT wrote:
GET THE SPEED CAMERAS ON POPLARS AVENUE BEFORE SOMEONE IS KILLED WITH THE SPEEDING CARS !
Or parents should teach their children how to safely cross the road. I't doesn't say anything in this story about the car speeding
Interesting but what about rule 206

206

Drive carefully and slowly when

in crowded shopping streets, Home Zones and Quiet Lanes (see Rule 218) or residential areas
driving past bus and tram stops; pedestrians may emerge suddenly into the road
passing parked vehicles, especially ice cream vans; children are more interested in ice cream than traffic and may run into the road unexpectedly
needing to cross a pavement or cycle track; for example, to reach or leave a driveway. Give way to pedestrians and cyclists on the pavement
reversing into a side road; look all around the vehicle and give way to any pedestrians who may be crossing the road
turning at road junctions; give way to pedestrians who are already crossing the road into which you are turning
the pavement is closed due to street repairs and pedestrians are directed to use the road
approaching pedestrians on narrow rural roads without a footway or footpath. Always slow down and be prepared to stop if necessary, giving them plenty of room as you drive past

Granted at 07.13 I doubt she was going for Ice Cream.... But that extract above is from the Highway Code. The guide that the police use in almost every eventuality. The fact that a collision has happened and "no arrests have been made at this stage" would certainly suggest to me that this is a possible case of Hit and Run and if that is the case the I would be so bold as to suggest the Car was speeding.
Your point regarding teaching children road safety is indeed paramount, However nothing in the article suggest they were not using the old Green cross code.
I guess we will just have to see how this one pans out.
[quote][p][bold]Cheap Mower[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]MAD 4 IT[/bold] wrote: GET THE SPEED CAMERAS ON POPLARS AVENUE BEFORE SOMEONE IS KILLED WITH THE SPEEDING CARS ![/p][/quote]Or parents should teach their children how to safely cross the road. I't doesn't say anything in this story about the car speeding[/p][/quote]Interesting but what about rule 206 206 Drive carefully and slowly when in crowded shopping streets, Home Zones and Quiet Lanes (see Rule 218) or residential areas driving past bus and tram stops; pedestrians may emerge suddenly into the road passing parked vehicles, especially ice cream vans; children are more interested in ice cream than traffic and may run into the road unexpectedly needing to cross a pavement or cycle track; for example, to reach or leave a driveway. Give way to pedestrians and cyclists on the pavement reversing into a side road; look all around the vehicle and give way to any pedestrians who may be crossing the road turning at road junctions; give way to pedestrians who are already crossing the road into which you are turning the pavement is closed due to street repairs and pedestrians are directed to use the road approaching pedestrians on narrow rural roads without a footway or footpath. Always slow down and be prepared to stop if necessary, giving them plenty of room as you drive past Granted at 07.13 I doubt she was going for Ice Cream.... But that extract above is from the Highway Code. The guide that the police use in almost every eventuality. The fact that a collision has happened and "no arrests have been made at this stage" would certainly suggest to me that this is a possible case of Hit and Run and if that is the case the I would be so bold as to suggest the Car was speeding. Your point regarding teaching children road safety is indeed paramount, However nothing in the article suggest they were not using the old Green cross code. I guess we will just have to see how this one pans out. Orford_Ian

11:37am Wed 25 Dec 13

local man says...

or there could be no arrest because the driver wasn't at fault. I saw an accident years ago on Poplars where a bloke walked straight out from behind a bus and was hit, not a lot the driver could do. We just don't know.
or there could be no arrest because the driver wasn't at fault. I saw an accident years ago on Poplars where a bloke walked straight out from behind a bus and was hit, not a lot the driver could do. We just don't know. local man

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree