Text us your news! Start your message Warrington News and send any photos or videos to 80360
Traffic warning ahead of half marathon
5:30pm Monday 2nd September 2013 in News
POLICE have issued a traffic warning ahead of the Warrington half marathon which takes place on Sunday.
Around 2,500 runners are set to take to the streets of Warrington South for the event.
Many roads in the area will be closed.
Insp Sarah Heath, of Warrington South NPU, said: "We are asking motorists to be patient as some congestion on local roads is inevitable.
"There will be a number of road closures in place, but there will be alternative routes for motorists and I would encourage people to familiarise themselves with those roads that form part of the course, as well as those that will remain open to traffic.
"Of course we want everyone to be able to go about their business in as normal a way as possible, but the safety of runners and others using the roads during the event is paramount and we are asking for the co-operation of all road users in the area."
The following local roads will be closed -
• Knutsford Road east of entrance to Victoria Park and at the junction with Wash Lane
• Cantilever Bridge Station Road
• A56 at the junction with Ackers Lane
• A56 at the junction with Lumb Brook Road
• Grappenhall Lane at the A50 roundabout
• Grappenhall Lane at the junction with Barclaycastle Lane
• Appleton Cross
• Stretton Road - near the Park Royal Hotel
• Witherwin Avenue at the junction with Lumb Broom Road
• Wash Lane at the junction with Prescott Street
• Loushers Lane at the junction with Black Bear Park
Comments are closed on this article.