Traveller funeral to come through town

A LARGE traveller funeral is expected to cause delays on the roads of Warrington on Tuesday afternoon.

The funeral will take place in St Helens in the morning and will pass through Warrington before heading to Preston.

Council bosses are expecting a large number of vehicles in the procession which is due to arrive in Warrington around 1pm.

Cheshire Police escorts will travel with the cortege from junction eight of the M62 and accompany it along Charon Way, Europa Boulevard, Cromwell Avenue, Winwick Road, Long Lane, Orford Green, Orford Road and King Edward Street before turning right into Manchester Road.

A council spokesman said once the cortege arrives at Manchester Road it will stop for approximately 30 to 45 minutes.

The road will be closed from King Edward Street to Padgate Lane. Access will be maintained for residents and local businesses during this time although pubs have been told to close. A diversion route for westbound traffic on Manchester Road will be via Kingsway, Farrell Street, Church Street, Fennel Street and Brick Street. Eastbound traffic will be diverted along Padgate Lane and King Edward Street.

After this pause the cortege will then travel along Manchester Road to Cockhedge island and return back down Manchester Road stopping at Bibby Avenue.

Council bosses are warning drivers to use alternative routes and say the timings could change.

Comments (45)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

8:44pm Mon 14 Jan 13

old-codger says...

Well. What a send off.
Well. What a send off. old-codger
  • Score: 0

9:09pm Mon 14 Jan 13

fedster says...

ill say since travelers don't pay tax ?

are they famous ?

why do people have to shut pubs ?

and others detour am sure all the truckers that travel to warrington will be made aware.


will peoples who's business is affected get some sort of compensation ?
ill say since travelers don't pay tax ? are they famous ? why do people have to shut pubs ? and others detour am sure all the truckers that travel to warrington will be made aware. will peoples who's business is affected get some sort of compensation ? fedster
  • Score: 0

9:09pm Mon 14 Jan 13

Mikeywire says...

Speachless..!
Speachless..! Mikeywire
  • Score: 0

9:10pm Mon 14 Jan 13

moleogod says...

When i die just burn my body and don't let my corpse clog up the roads
When i die just burn my body and don't let my corpse clog up the roads moleogod
  • Score: 0

9:32pm Mon 14 Jan 13

toffeeman_4ever says...

maybe if they have come from warrington sites....we cud take the land back and lock them out??
Pubs to close, why??? Are they gonna pull over for a pint???
maybe if they have come from warrington sites....we cud take the land back and lock them out?? Pubs to close, why??? Are they gonna pull over for a pint??? toffeeman_4ever
  • Score: 0

9:53pm Mon 14 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

Obviously a close and extensive family .not often seen these days
Obviously a close and extensive family .not often seen these days SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

10:39pm Mon 14 Jan 13

Paris says...

I know when the go up to the Appleby fair the pubs close there to stop any drunken trouble. Maybe the same thought here?
I know when the go up to the Appleby fair the pubs close there to stop any drunken trouble. Maybe the same thought here? Paris
  • Score: 0

10:50pm Mon 14 Jan 13

marc81 says...

I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....
I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?.... marc81
  • Score: 0

12:33am Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

marc81 wrote:
I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....
I suggest that here is no bill as there is no additional cost, just the police doing their job protecting the public order.
[quote][p][bold]marc81[/bold] wrote: I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....[/p][/quote]I suggest that here is no bill as there is no additional cost, just the police doing their job protecting the public order. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

12:44am Tue 15 Jan 13

JoeyLad says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
marc81 wrote:
I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....
I suggest that here is no bill as there is no additional cost, just the police doing their job protecting the public order.
Well they should foot the bill themselves.. They should have a bit of dignity and go straight to the crematorium or grave without the fuss like most other people do. Tossers!!
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marc81[/bold] wrote: I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....[/p][/quote]I suggest that here is no bill as there is no additional cost, just the police doing their job protecting the public order.[/p][/quote]Well they should foot the bill themselves.. They should have a bit of dignity and go straight to the crematorium or grave without the fuss like most other people do. Tossers!! JoeyLad
  • Score: 0

12:57am Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

JoeyLad wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
marc81 wrote:
I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....
I suggest that here is no bill as there is no additional cost, just the police doing their job protecting the public order.
Well they should foot the bill themselves.. They should have a bit of dignity and go straight to the crematorium or grave without the fuss like most other people do. Tossers!!
Many people do so honour their loved one by stopping outside their former place of work, their favourite pub or sporting venue. In addition many funeral processions cause havoc with the traffic on the way to Walton Lea or fox Covert, without too many problems and most often without giving prior notice to those wanting to travel at the same time and on the same route.
[quote][p][bold]JoeyLad[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marc81[/bold] wrote: I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....[/p][/quote]I suggest that here is no bill as there is no additional cost, just the police doing their job protecting the public order.[/p][/quote]Well they should foot the bill themselves.. They should have a bit of dignity and go straight to the crematorium or grave without the fuss like most other people do. Tossers!![/p][/quote]Many people do so honour their loved one by stopping outside their former place of work, their favourite pub or sporting venue. In addition many funeral processions cause havoc with the traffic on the way to Walton Lea or fox Covert, without too many problems and most often without giving prior notice to those wanting to travel at the same time and on the same route. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

9:11am Tue 15 Jan 13

wirematt says...

Absoolute joke.
Absoolute joke. wirematt
  • Score: 0

9:17am Tue 15 Jan 13

Nick Tessla says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
marc81 wrote: I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....
I suggest that here is no bill as there is no additional cost, just the police doing their job protecting the public order.
Either resources are being diverted from elsewhere or there will indeed be additional costs - I suspect the latter. This is an extraordinary extravagant way to have a funeral - just imagine if we had this every time a warrington citizen had a funeral


As the convoy is going to be stationery anyway, perhaps they should set up one of those Department of transport checkpoints and give each vehicle and driver a check for licencing and road worthiness. A check on each mourner for outstanding fines, arrest warrants may also prove interesting.
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]marc81[/bold] wrote: I've nothing against a big send off, but i wonder who foots the bill for the road closures and diversions etc?....[/p][/quote]I suggest that here is no bill as there is no additional cost, just the police doing their job protecting the public order.[/p][/quote]Either resources are being diverted from elsewhere or there will indeed be additional costs - I suspect the latter. This is an extraordinary extravagant way to have a funeral - just imagine if we had this every time a warrington citizen had a funeral As the convoy is going to be stationery anyway, perhaps they should set up one of those Department of transport checkpoints and give each vehicle and driver a check for licencing and road worthiness. A check on each mourner for outstanding fines, arrest warrants may also prove interesting. Nick Tessla
  • Score: 0

9:28am Tue 15 Jan 13

drunkennun says...

Regardless of who or what they are, they should be allowed to bury their family/ friends any way they wish .

Despite not paying taxes they are showing their respect by attending the funeral, who are we to judge how people are buried ..
Regardless of who or what they are, they should be allowed to bury their family/ friends any way they wish . Despite not paying taxes they are showing their respect by attending the funeral, who are we to judge how people are buried .. drunkennun
  • Score: 0

9:31am Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

Nick Tessla says...
9:17am Tue 15 Jan 13

"As the convoy is going to be stationery anyway, perhaps they should set up one of those Department of transport checkpoints and give each vehicle and driver a check for licensing and road worthiness. A check on each mourner for outstanding fines, arrest warrants may also prove interesting."

Perhaps that would also be a waste of time, however the Police only need to drive past the cortège with a Police car fitted with NPR cameras!
Nick Tessla says... 9:17am Tue 15 Jan 13 "As the convoy is going to be stationery anyway, perhaps they should set up one of those Department of transport checkpoints and give each vehicle and driver a check for licensing and road worthiness. A check on each mourner for outstanding fines, arrest warrants may also prove interesting." Perhaps that would also be a waste of time, however the Police only need to drive past the cortège with a Police car fitted with NPR cameras! SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

10:33am Tue 15 Jan 13

Pauline McEwan says...

As I've been to a few family funerals recently then I think this is a joke that they are having a police cortege. We didn't have one for my boyfriends dad and we had to travel through Warrington through all the heavy traffic that, thankfully, most motorists were respectful when it came to roundabouts and junctions. We did not stop for 30-45 minutes either and no disrespect to the fact they are burying a loved one, we all pay our taxes and keep our areas clean and tidy.
As I've been to a few family funerals recently then I think this is a joke that they are having a police cortege. We didn't have one for my boyfriends dad and we had to travel through Warrington through all the heavy traffic that, thankfully, most motorists were respectful when it came to roundabouts and junctions. We did not stop for 30-45 minutes either and no disrespect to the fact they are burying a loved one, we all pay our taxes and keep our areas clean and tidy. Pauline McEwan
  • Score: 0

10:49am Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans including the anticipated amount of friends and relatives that will be travelling together to the funeral service and to the committal in plenty of time. It will be the police that are insisting on the escort for the funeral cortege, the same process that requires the same attention for those who organise large demonstrations, processions and military paraded in our beloved Warrington.

A last point, we will not be aware of the facts concerning who pays their taxes and the cleanliness of their domestic abode and surrounding areas, likewise we wouldn't know your private & confidential business or your personal habits!
I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans including the anticipated amount of friends and relatives that will be travelling together to the funeral service and to the committal in plenty of time. It will be the police that are insisting on the escort for the funeral cortege, the same process that requires the same attention for those who organise large demonstrations, processions and military paraded in our beloved Warrington. A last point, we will not be aware of the facts concerning who pays their taxes and the cleanliness of their domestic abode and surrounding areas, likewise we wouldn't know your private & confidential business or your personal habits! SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

11:22am Tue 15 Jan 13

gerrumonside says...

why are pubs "told" to close I thought this was a responsible group of citizens sending off one of their own with dignity...what did you say on the last traveller story SAC ...?? "I personally do not see that there is a problem with travellers policing their own kind" ............


yet it would seem they arent responsible enough to police their own funeral arrangements without the need for local businesses to have to shut down costing them financial hardship they could do without, just because the travellers cant be trusted to have a drink in peace like the rest of us do in these circumstances.
why are pubs "told" to close I thought this was a responsible group of citizens sending off one of their own with dignity...what did you say on the last traveller story SAC ...?? "I personally do not see that there is a problem with travellers policing their own kind" ............ yet it would seem they arent responsible enough to police their own funeral arrangements without the need for local businesses to have to shut down costing them financial hardship they could do without, just because the travellers cant be trusted to have a drink in peace like the rest of us do in these circumstances. gerrumonside
  • Score: 0

11:31am Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

gerrumonside wrote:
why are pubs "told" to close I thought this was a responsible group of citizens sending off one of their own with dignity...what did you say on the last traveller story SAC ...?? "I personally do not see that there is a problem with travellers policing their own kind" ............


yet it would seem they arent responsible enough to police their own funeral arrangements without the need for local businesses to have to shut down costing them financial hardship they could do without, just because the travellers cant be trusted to have a drink in peace like the rest of us do in these circumstances.
It would be good and in order to satisfy your curiosity for you to contact the police and the local publican at the King & Queen, I believe, in order to answer your specific questions. This is just a thoughtful suggestion, as it would save any speculation and assumption on your part.
[quote][p][bold]gerrumonside[/bold] wrote: why are pubs "told" to close I thought this was a responsible group of citizens sending off one of their own with dignity...what did you say on the last traveller story SAC ...?? "I personally do not see that there is a problem with travellers policing their own kind" ............ yet it would seem they arent responsible enough to police their own funeral arrangements without the need for local businesses to have to shut down costing them financial hardship they could do without, just because the travellers cant be trusted to have a drink in peace like the rest of us do in these circumstances.[/p][/quote]It would be good and in order to satisfy your curiosity for you to contact the police and the local publican at the King & Queen, I believe, in order to answer your specific questions. This is just a thoughtful suggestion, as it would save any speculation and assumption on your part. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

12:11pm Tue 15 Jan 13

gerrumonside says...

I've no need to contact them SAC, based on your personal experiences of the Travellers being responsible enough to police themselves, I have now made the carefully considered assumption that the local pubs must be closed to keep the nasty folk of padgate/orford away from the booze and the possibilities of a drunken confrontation with the travellers.

and for one so aghast at assumptions may I refer you to your earlier post where you THINK the family have done the right thing by informing the Authorities....where on earth does it state that in the above story.....?

you sir/madam are assuming stuff or are either a traveller or member of the authorities.....

come on SAC your argumentative standards are slipping
I've no need to contact them SAC, based on your personal experiences of the Travellers being responsible enough to police themselves, I have now made the carefully considered assumption that the local pubs must be closed to keep the nasty folk of padgate/orford away from the booze and the possibilities of a drunken confrontation with the travellers. and for one so aghast at assumptions may I refer you to your earlier post where you THINK the family have done the right thing by informing the Authorities....where on earth does it state that in the above story.....? you sir/madam are assuming stuff or are either a traveller or member of the authorities..... come on SAC your argumentative standards are slipping gerrumonside
  • Score: 0

12:37pm Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington.

It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.
I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington. It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

2:00pm Tue 15 Jan 13

Nick Tessla says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans including the anticipated amount of friends and relatives that will be travelling together to the funeral service and to the committal in plenty of time. It will be the police that are insisting on the escort for the funeral cortege, the same process that requires the same attention for those who organise large demonstrations, processions and military paraded in our beloved Warrington. A last point, we will not be aware of the facts concerning who pays their taxes and the cleanliness of their domestic abode and surrounding areas, likewise we wouldn't know your private & confidential business or your personal habits!
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
"I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans"


Oh that's alright - then as long as you tell the Police you intend to cause disuption then its alright - people have to lump it and the we have to accept that the actions force the Police to divert resources.


I wonder what would have happened if the police had dared to object - would it have made the slightest different to members of this community - or would they have carried on regardless? Was bowing to their wishes seen by the Police to be the best option- perhaps to avoid the risk of major trouble?
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans including the anticipated amount of friends and relatives that will be travelling together to the funeral service and to the committal in plenty of time. It will be the police that are insisting on the escort for the funeral cortege, the same process that requires the same attention for those who organise large demonstrations, processions and military paraded in our beloved Warrington. A last point, we will not be aware of the facts concerning who pays their taxes and the cleanliness of their domestic abode and surrounding areas, likewise we wouldn't know your private & confidential business or your personal habits![/p][/quote]SAC_in_Warrington wrote: "I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans" Oh that's alright - then as long as you tell the Police you intend to cause disuption then its alright - people have to lump it and the we have to accept that the actions force the Police to divert resources. I wonder what would have happened if the police had dared to object - would it have made the slightest different to members of this community - or would they have carried on regardless? Was bowing to their wishes seen by the Police to be the best option- perhaps to avoid the risk of major trouble? Nick Tessla
  • Score: 0

2:11pm Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

I understand that that is the process, and the police seem to have come to a compromise. For all we know this family may even be paying for the police escort like the companies that transport very long or wide loads or indeed slow moving vehicles. Likewise also for the policy and procedures for football fixtures and the policing of those events.
I understand that that is the process, and the police seem to have come to a compromise. For all we know this family may even be paying for the police escort like the companies that transport very long or wide loads or indeed slow moving vehicles. Likewise also for the policy and procedures for football fixtures and the policing of those events. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

2:13pm Tue 15 Jan 13

ant -x says...

What a total joke our council is lettering these jokers through our streets and even closing the roads off for them.
What a total joke our council is lettering these jokers through our streets and even closing the roads off for them. ant -x
  • Score: 0

2:30pm Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

ant -x wrote:
What a total joke our council is lettering these jokers through our streets and even closing the roads off for them.
So that statement goes for all funerals then. I can assure you that funerals for loved ones and our associates is no joke to me or the council. People who are bereaved are treated with respect irrespective of any prejudice.
[quote][p][bold]ant -x[/bold] wrote: What a total joke our council is lettering these jokers through our streets and even closing the roads off for them.[/p][/quote]So that statement goes for all funerals then. I can assure you that funerals for loved ones and our associates is no joke to me or the council. People who are bereaved are treated with respect irrespective of any prejudice. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

2:55pm Tue 15 Jan 13

jdow says...

I went to waterfields at 12.30 and there was police on every corner in groups of 4 and police on bibby ave where is was stopping for 30/45mins also saw a police helicopter don't know if it had anything to do with the funeral.And police even walking up and down manchester road.
I went to waterfields at 12.30 and there was police on every corner in groups of 4 and police on bibby ave where is was stopping for 30/45mins also saw a police helicopter don't know if it had anything to do with the funeral.And police even walking up and down manchester road. jdow
  • Score: 0

3:57pm Tue 15 Jan 13

Pauline McEwan says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
ant -x wrote: What a total joke our council is lettering these jokers through our streets and even closing the roads off for them.
So that statement goes for all funerals then. I can assure you that funerals for loved ones and our associates is no joke to me or the council. People who are bereaved are treated with respect irrespective of any prejudice.
Excuse me, my father-in-laws funeral was during the day and traffic was busy when we left the church to go to the cemetery and it was only the decency of the other drivers on the road that most of our conterge kept together as we were heading to Fox Covert from Warrington, unfortunately some got lost.
So yeah I do not think, irrespective of who is paying, that they should get any different treatment than people who pay their taxes as they don't pay any !!!! FACT
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]ant -x[/bold] wrote: What a total joke our council is lettering these jokers through our streets and even closing the roads off for them.[/p][/quote]So that statement goes for all funerals then. I can assure you that funerals for loved ones and our associates is no joke to me or the council. People who are bereaved are treated with respect irrespective of any prejudice.[/p][/quote]Excuse me, my father-in-laws funeral was during the day and traffic was busy when we left the church to go to the cemetery and it was only the decency of the other drivers on the road that most of our conterge kept together as we were heading to Fox Covert from Warrington, unfortunately some got lost. So yeah I do not think, irrespective of who is paying, that they should get any different treatment than people who pay their taxes as they don't pay any !!!! FACT Pauline McEwan
  • Score: 0

4:00pm Tue 15 Jan 13

Pauline McEwan says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans including the anticipated amount of friends and relatives that will be travelling together to the funeral service and to the committal in plenty of time. It will be the police that are insisting on the escort for the funeral cortege, the same process that requires the same attention for those who organise large demonstrations, processions and military paraded in our beloved Warrington. A last point, we will not be aware of the facts concerning who pays their taxes and the cleanliness of their domestic abode and surrounding areas, likewise we wouldn't know your private & confidential business or your personal habits!
They camp up near us and when they leave there is a complete mess that us tax paying people have to pay for to get the council to clean it up, so don't even go there. I live in a house, put my bins out, never fly tip and where did this come down to personal habits, it's the mess not personal habits.
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans including the anticipated amount of friends and relatives that will be travelling together to the funeral service and to the committal in plenty of time. It will be the police that are insisting on the escort for the funeral cortege, the same process that requires the same attention for those who organise large demonstrations, processions and military paraded in our beloved Warrington. A last point, we will not be aware of the facts concerning who pays their taxes and the cleanliness of their domestic abode and surrounding areas, likewise we wouldn't know your private & confidential business or your personal habits![/p][/quote]They camp up near us and when they leave there is a complete mess that us tax paying people have to pay for to get the council to clean it up, so don't even go there. I live in a house, put my bins out, never fly tip and where did this come down to personal habits, it's the mess not personal habits. Pauline McEwan
  • Score: 0

5:36pm Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

Pauline McEwan wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans including the anticipated amount of friends and relatives that will be travelling together to the funeral service and to the committal in plenty of time. It will be the police that are insisting on the escort for the funeral cortege, the same process that requires the same attention for those who organise large demonstrations, processions and military paraded in our beloved Warrington. A last point, we will not be aware of the facts concerning who pays their taxes and the cleanliness of their domestic abode and surrounding areas, likewise we wouldn't know your private & confidential business or your personal habits!
They camp up near us and when they leave there is a complete mess that us tax paying people have to pay for to get the council to clean it up, so don't even go there. I live in a house, put my bins out, never fly tip and where did this come down to personal habits, it's the mess not personal habits.
Pauline McEwan says...
4:00pm Tue 15 Jan 13

"They camp up near us and when they leave there is a complete mess that us tax paying people have to pay for to get the council to clean it up, so don't even go there. I live in a house, put my bins out, never fly tip and where did this come down to personal habits, it's the mess not personal habits."

I have no doubt that this is your perceived experience. If you read my comments carefully I have acknowledged the existence of such groups, and reiterated the fact that not all travellers are like this. I am also convinced that you do not know who does pay tax and who doesn't.
[quote][p][bold]Pauline McEwan[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I think that this family have taken the responsible action of informing the police of their plans including the anticipated amount of friends and relatives that will be travelling together to the funeral service and to the committal in plenty of time. It will be the police that are insisting on the escort for the funeral cortege, the same process that requires the same attention for those who organise large demonstrations, processions and military paraded in our beloved Warrington. A last point, we will not be aware of the facts concerning who pays their taxes and the cleanliness of their domestic abode and surrounding areas, likewise we wouldn't know your private & confidential business or your personal habits![/p][/quote]They camp up near us and when they leave there is a complete mess that us tax paying people have to pay for to get the council to clean it up, so don't even go there. I live in a house, put my bins out, never fly tip and where did this come down to personal habits, it's the mess not personal habits.[/p][/quote]Pauline McEwan says... 4:00pm Tue 15 Jan 13 "They camp up near us and when they leave there is a complete mess that us tax paying people have to pay for to get the council to clean it up, so don't even go there. I live in a house, put my bins out, never fly tip and where did this come down to personal habits, it's the mess not personal habits." I have no doubt that this is your perceived experience. If you read my comments carefully I have acknowledged the existence of such groups, and reiterated the fact that not all travellers are like this. I am also convinced that you do not know who does pay tax and who doesn't. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

5:57pm Tue 15 Jan 13

smallscousefox says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington.

It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.
Do you have any idea how patronising+condesce
nding you sound here?????
"House dwellers in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington"!!!
So Appleton Thorn is an area of deprivation/sink spot now is it?
As that's where a band of these 'caravan'dwellers'ha
ve been camped since before Xmas...in a lay by off a main thoroughfare with their usual surrounding sh*te+towels hanging to dry over road bollards....looks really classy!
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington. It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.[/p][/quote]Do you have any idea how patronising+condesce nding you sound here????? "House dwellers in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington"!!! So Appleton Thorn is an area of deprivation/sink spot now is it? As that's where a band of these 'caravan'dwellers'ha ve been camped since before Xmas...in a lay by off a main thoroughfare with their usual surrounding sh*te+towels hanging to dry over road bollards....looks really classy! smallscousefox
  • Score: 0

6:36pm Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

It is my opinion that you have so obviously not understood exactly what I have written. I was merely clarifying some of the generalisations you mentioned in your comments. I made no reference to Appleton Thorn in my previous comments. I merely compare the traveller group that you have encountered with some house dwellers in specific areas of depravation in Warrington.
It is my opinion that you have so obviously not understood exactly what I have written. I was merely clarifying some of the generalisations you mentioned in your comments. I made no reference to Appleton Thorn in my previous comments. I merely compare the traveller group that you have encountered with some house dwellers in specific areas of depravation in Warrington. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

8:25pm Tue 15 Jan 13

smallscousefox says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
It is my opinion that you have so obviously not understood exactly what I have written. I was merely clarifying some of the generalisations you mentioned in your comments. I made no reference to Appleton Thorn in my previous comments. I merely compare the traveller group that you have encountered with some house dwellers in specific areas of depravation in Warrington.
Au contraire SAC! I understand perfectly what you have written (but there's that patronising tone again that you just don't seem to be able to help!)
And speaking of generalisations...yo
u yourself have made the biggest sweeping one with your 'areas of deprivation/sink areas'comment in your previous post!
I was merely pointing out that these individuals don't just set up camp in 'deprived' areas,but also in the more affluent districts too.
They are not fussy about where they leave their filth behind as they know it will all be cleared up with no expense to themselves as always.
And you have the nerve to wonder why decent people don't warm to them or share your apparent love of them!!!!
You need a reality check hun!
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: It is my opinion that you have so obviously not understood exactly what I have written. I was merely clarifying some of the generalisations you mentioned in your comments. I made no reference to Appleton Thorn in my previous comments. I merely compare the traveller group that you have encountered with some house dwellers in specific areas of depravation in Warrington.[/p][/quote]Au contraire SAC! I understand perfectly what you have written (but there's that patronising tone again that you just don't seem to be able to help!) And speaking of generalisations...yo u yourself have made the biggest sweeping one with your 'areas of deprivation/sink areas'comment in your previous post! I was merely pointing out that these individuals don't just set up camp in 'deprived' areas,but also in the more affluent districts too. They are not fussy about where they leave their filth behind as they know it will all be cleared up with no expense to themselves as always. And you have the nerve to wonder why decent people don't warm to them or share your apparent love of them!!!! You need a reality check hun! smallscousefox
  • Score: 0

9:53pm Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

smallscousefox wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
It is my opinion that you have so obviously not understood exactly what I have written. I was merely clarifying some of the generalisations you mentioned in your comments. I made no reference to Appleton Thorn in my previous comments. I merely compare the traveller group that you have encountered with some house dwellers in specific areas of depravation in Warrington.
Au contraire SAC! I understand perfectly what you have written (but there's that patronising tone again that you just don't seem to be able to help!)
And speaking of generalisations...yo

u yourself have made the biggest sweeping one with your 'areas of deprivation/sink areas'comment in your previous post!
I was merely pointing out that these individuals don't just set up camp in 'deprived' areas,but also in the more affluent districts too.
They are not fussy about where they leave their filth behind as they know it will all be cleared up with no expense to themselves as always.
And you have the nerve to wonder why decent people don't warm to them or share your apparent love of them!!!!
You need a reality check hun!
I assert that I have not made any generalisations on your comments or in my comments on this issue. I have made no comments that place the travellers in any specific location in Warrington, I observe that it is you that is stating specific locations. The reality is that there are areas of depravation and sink spots in Warrington and they are documented by the Local and Statutory Authorities additionally they are often reported on in the Warrington Guardian. If you are going to comment on my comments then I insist that you please read them fully before responding with any comment!
[quote][p][bold]smallscousefox[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: It is my opinion that you have so obviously not understood exactly what I have written. I was merely clarifying some of the generalisations you mentioned in your comments. I made no reference to Appleton Thorn in my previous comments. I merely compare the traveller group that you have encountered with some house dwellers in specific areas of depravation in Warrington.[/p][/quote]Au contraire SAC! I understand perfectly what you have written (but there's that patronising tone again that you just don't seem to be able to help!) And speaking of generalisations...yo u yourself have made the biggest sweeping one with your 'areas of deprivation/sink areas'comment in your previous post! I was merely pointing out that these individuals don't just set up camp in 'deprived' areas,but also in the more affluent districts too. They are not fussy about where they leave their filth behind as they know it will all be cleared up with no expense to themselves as always. And you have the nerve to wonder why decent people don't warm to them or share your apparent love of them!!!! You need a reality check hun![/p][/quote]I assert that I have not made any generalisations on your comments or in my comments on this issue. I have made no comments that place the travellers in any specific location in Warrington, I observe that it is you that is stating specific locations. The reality is that there are areas of depravation and sink spots in Warrington and they are documented by the Local and Statutory Authorities additionally they are often reported on in the Warrington Guardian. If you are going to comment on my comments then I insist that you please read them fully before responding with any comment! SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

10:57pm Tue 15 Jan 13

pognoogle says...

SAC_in_Warrington, I don't think you realise how argumentative and condescending you come across as. Chill out and let people have an opinion without reiterating, asserting or merely stating anything. (No need to reply - I'm not really a***d).
SAC_in_Warrington, I don't think you realise how argumentative and condescending you come across as. Chill out and let people have an opinion without reiterating, asserting or merely stating anything. (No need to reply - I'm not really a***d). pognoogle
  • Score: 0

11:02pm Tue 15 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

pognoogle wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington, I don't think you realise how argumentative and condescending you come across as. Chill out and let people have an opinion without reiterating, asserting or merely stating anything. (No need to reply - I'm not really a***d).
Argumentative yes, condescending, no!
[quote][p][bold]pognoogle[/bold] wrote: SAC_in_Warrington, I don't think you realise how argumentative and condescending you come across as. Chill out and let people have an opinion without reiterating, asserting or merely stating anything. (No need to reply - I'm not really a***d).[/p][/quote]Argumentative yes, condescending, no! SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

12:24pm Wed 16 Jan 13

smallscousefox says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
pognoogle wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington, I don't think you realise how argumentative and condescending you come across as. Chill out and let people have an opinion without reiterating, asserting or merely stating anything. (No need to reply - I'm not really a***d).
Argumentative yes, condescending, no!
LOL!
Point proven I'd say eh Pog????...
On both counts! ;o)
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]pognoogle[/bold] wrote: SAC_in_Warrington, I don't think you realise how argumentative and condescending you come across as. Chill out and let people have an opinion without reiterating, asserting or merely stating anything. (No need to reply - I'm not really a***d).[/p][/quote]Argumentative yes, condescending, no![/p][/quote]LOL! Point proven I'd say eh Pog????... On both counts! ;o) smallscousefox
  • Score: 0

12:34pm Wed 16 Jan 13

gerrumonside says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington. It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.
I never asked you to divulge your profession or anything else...why you thought I had asked you to do that to add weight to the discussion only you will know....

I wanted you to be aware you may have made assumptions yourself by stating you "think the family have done the right thing by informing the authorities." nowhere in the piece is that bit of information mentioned. its my assumption that you have made it up or are indeed aware that it is fact due to your profession. just say you know it as fact I'm prepared to believe that.

and then later on down the Line you say "for all we know the travellers may have paid for the police escort" again For all we know the moon is full of little green men living in cheese huts.its an assumption which you are quick to jump on everyone else making....

maybe you should practice what you preach and stick to facts....may I quote you:

"This is just a thoughtful suggestion, as it would save any speculation and assumption on your part."
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington. It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.[/p][/quote]I never asked you to divulge your profession or anything else...why you thought I had asked you to do that to add weight to the discussion only you will know.... I wanted you to be aware you may have made assumptions yourself by stating you "think the family have done the right thing by informing the authorities." nowhere in the piece is that bit of information mentioned. its my assumption that you have made it up or are indeed aware that it is fact due to your profession. just say you know it as fact I'm prepared to believe that. and then later on down the Line you say "for all we know the travellers may have paid for the police escort" again For all we know the moon is full of little green men living in cheese huts.its an assumption which you are quick to jump on everyone else making.... maybe you should practice what you preach and stick to facts....may I quote you: "This is just a thoughtful suggestion, as it would save any speculation and assumption on your part." gerrumonside
  • Score: 0

1:26pm Wed 16 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

gerrumonside wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington. It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.
I never asked you to divulge your profession or anything else...why you thought I had asked you to do that to add weight to the discussion only you will know....

I wanted you to be aware you may have made assumptions yourself by stating you "think the family have done the right thing by informing the authorities." nowhere in the piece is that bit of information mentioned. its my assumption that you have made it up or are indeed aware that it is fact due to your profession. just say you know it as fact I'm prepared to believe that.

and then later on down the Line you say "for all we know the travellers may have paid for the police escort" again For all we know the moon is full of little green men living in cheese huts.its an assumption which you are quick to jump on everyone else making....

maybe you should practice what you preach and stick to facts....may I quote you:

"This is just a thoughtful suggestion, as it would save any speculation and assumption on your part."
what you have interpreted as my assumptions are my suggested possibilities that may happen or may have happened. I haven't additionally stated them as facts.
[quote][p][bold]gerrumonside[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington. It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.[/p][/quote]I never asked you to divulge your profession or anything else...why you thought I had asked you to do that to add weight to the discussion only you will know.... I wanted you to be aware you may have made assumptions yourself by stating you "think the family have done the right thing by informing the authorities." nowhere in the piece is that bit of information mentioned. its my assumption that you have made it up or are indeed aware that it is fact due to your profession. just say you know it as fact I'm prepared to believe that. and then later on down the Line you say "for all we know the travellers may have paid for the police escort" again For all we know the moon is full of little green men living in cheese huts.its an assumption which you are quick to jump on everyone else making.... maybe you should practice what you preach and stick to facts....may I quote you: "This is just a thoughtful suggestion, as it would save any speculation and assumption on your part."[/p][/quote]what you have interpreted as my assumptions are my suggested possibilities that may happen or may have happened. I haven't additionally stated them as facts. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

1:26pm Wed 16 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

gerrumonside wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington. It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.
I never asked you to divulge your profession or anything else...why you thought I had asked you to do that to add weight to the discussion only you will know....

I wanted you to be aware you may have made assumptions yourself by stating you "think the family have done the right thing by informing the authorities." nowhere in the piece is that bit of information mentioned. its my assumption that you have made it up or are indeed aware that it is fact due to your profession. just say you know it as fact I'm prepared to believe that.

and then later on down the Line you say "for all we know the travellers may have paid for the police escort" again For all we know the moon is full of little green men living in cheese huts.its an assumption which you are quick to jump on everyone else making....

maybe you should practice what you preach and stick to facts....may I quote you:

"This is just a thoughtful suggestion, as it would save any speculation and assumption on your part."
what you have interpreted as my assumptions are my suggested possibilities that may happen or may have happened. I haven't additionally stated them as facts.
[quote][p][bold]gerrumonside[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I do believe that a section of the Traveller Community do police them selves adequately and without the notice of other, "locals". Organisations such as The National Showman's Guild and the Gypsy Council of Great Britain, having said that there is clearly a group of caravan dwellers that are itinerant self employed workers and a group of "New Age Travellers that do incessantly cause problems similar to those house dwellers that live in the so called areas of deprivation or the sink spot areas of Warrington. It is irrelevant in my opinion to the discussion to have included my profession or legal status.[/p][/quote]I never asked you to divulge your profession or anything else...why you thought I had asked you to do that to add weight to the discussion only you will know.... I wanted you to be aware you may have made assumptions yourself by stating you "think the family have done the right thing by informing the authorities." nowhere in the piece is that bit of information mentioned. its my assumption that you have made it up or are indeed aware that it is fact due to your profession. just say you know it as fact I'm prepared to believe that. and then later on down the Line you say "for all we know the travellers may have paid for the police escort" again For all we know the moon is full of little green men living in cheese huts.its an assumption which you are quick to jump on everyone else making.... maybe you should practice what you preach and stick to facts....may I quote you: "This is just a thoughtful suggestion, as it would save any speculation and assumption on your part."[/p][/quote]what you have interpreted as my assumptions are my suggested possibilities that may happen or may have happened. I haven't additionally stated them as facts. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

1:47pm Wed 16 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

If any commentators are in any way concerned about the issues caused by anyone whose behaviour does not fit community norms then I would not disagree with the reporting of it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities. Some of the commentators might specifically need to contact the Tax Office, in Barbould Street, Warrington with regard to the non payment of tax that they have personally witnessed.
If any commentators are in any way concerned about the issues caused by anyone whose behaviour does not fit community norms then I would not disagree with the reporting of it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities. Some of the commentators might specifically need to contact the Tax Office, in Barbould Street, Warrington with regard to the non payment of tax that they have personally witnessed. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

1:50pm Wed 16 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

If any commentators are in any way concerned about the issues caused by anyone whose behaviour does not fit community norms then I would not disagree with the reporting of it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities. Some of the commentators might specifically need to contact the Tax Office, in Barbould Street, Warrington with regard to the non payment of tax that they have personally witnessed.
If any commentators are in any way concerned about the issues caused by anyone whose behaviour does not fit community norms then I would not disagree with the reporting of it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities. Some of the commentators might specifically need to contact the Tax Office, in Barbould Street, Warrington with regard to the non payment of tax that they have personally witnessed. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

2:59pm Wed 16 Jan 13

Nick Tessla says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
If any commentators are in any way concerned about the issues caused by anyone whose behaviour does not fit community norms then I would not disagree with the reporting of it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities. Some of the commentators might specifically need to contact the Tax Office, in Barbould Street, Warrington with regard to the non payment of tax that they have personally witnessed.
The only problem with "reporting it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities" is when those authorities- in this case the local Police and Warrington Council, are not just aware of those issues, not just negligent in their duties in dealing with the behaviour but actually aid and abet it.
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: If any commentators are in any way concerned about the issues caused by anyone whose behaviour does not fit community norms then I would not disagree with the reporting of it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities. Some of the commentators might specifically need to contact the Tax Office, in Barbould Street, Warrington with regard to the non payment of tax that they have personally witnessed.[/p][/quote]The only problem with "reporting it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities" is when those authorities- in this case the local Police and Warrington Council, are not just aware of those issues, not just negligent in their duties in dealing with the behaviour but actually aid and abet it. Nick Tessla
  • Score: 0

10:39am Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
If any commentators are in any way concerned about the issues caused by anyone whose behaviour does not fit community norms then I would not disagree with the reporting of it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities. Some of the commentators might specifically need to contact the Tax Office, in Barbould Street, Warrington with regard to the non payment of tax that they have personally witnessed.
The only problem with "reporting it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities" is when those authorities- in this case the local Police and Warrington Council, are not just aware of those issues, not just negligent in their duties in dealing with the behaviour but actually aid and abet it.
Then the Police Complaints Commission and the Local Government Ombudsman could be contacted for such examples of perceived misdemeanours.
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: If any commentators are in any way concerned about the issues caused by anyone whose behaviour does not fit community norms then I would not disagree with the reporting of it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities. Some of the commentators might specifically need to contact the Tax Office, in Barbould Street, Warrington with regard to the non payment of tax that they have personally witnessed.[/p][/quote]The only problem with "reporting it to the appropriate local or statutory authorities" is when those authorities- in this case the local Police and Warrington Council, are not just aware of those issues, not just negligent in their duties in dealing with the behaviour but actually aid and abet it.[/p][/quote]Then the Police Complaints Commission and the Local Government Ombudsman could be contacted for such examples of perceived misdemeanours. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

2:27pm Sat 19 Jan 13

tarasmum says...

All of you criticising SAC are wasting your time ! I know from other posts that he is so up his own a*** and so **** self righteous that he will NEVER concede !!!!

I know from past experience that travellers are a pain and flout the law at every opportunity, and quite frankly I have no time for them at all.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it SAC !!!!

By the way, I won't be back to read your self righteous comments ......
All of you criticising SAC are wasting your time ! I know from other posts that he is so up his own a*** and so **** self righteous that he will NEVER concede !!!! I know from past experience that travellers are a pain and flout the law at every opportunity, and quite frankly I have no time for them at all. Put that in your pipe and smoke it SAC !!!! By the way, I won't be back to read your self righteous comments ...... tarasmum
  • Score: 0

5:35pm Sat 19 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

tarasmum wrote:
All of you criticising SAC are wasting your time ! I know from other posts that he is so up his own a*** and so **** self righteous that he will NEVER concede !!!!

I know from past experience that travellers are a pain and flout the law at every opportunity, and quite frankly I have no time for them at all.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it SAC !!!!

By the way, I won't be back to read your self righteous comments ......
The article is not about me, and the funeral has taken place. Long live free speech, I say. Let our comments for flow.Ta-rah for now.
[quote][p][bold]tarasmum[/bold] wrote: All of you criticising SAC are wasting your time ! I know from other posts that he is so up his own a*** and so **** self righteous that he will NEVER concede !!!! I know from past experience that travellers are a pain and flout the law at every opportunity, and quite frankly I have no time for them at all. Put that in your pipe and smoke it SAC !!!! By the way, I won't be back to read your self righteous comments ......[/p][/quote]The article is not about me, and the funeral has taken place. Long live free speech, I say. Let our comments for flow.Ta-rah for now. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree