Man jail for robbery at Co-operative store on Lovely Lane, Warrington

Warrington Guardian: Knifeman threatened to 'kill everybody' Knifeman threatened to 'kill everybody'

A KNIFE carrying man threatened to kill everyone in a Lovely Lane shop while heavily intoxicated.

Phillip Connor struck at the Co-operative store on October 18 at 7am while under the influence of medication and alcohol.

The 40-year-old threatened to kill the shop assistant and told her he had a knife while wearing a hooded top and scarf covering most of his face.

Warrington Crown Court heard on Friday how he approached the woman behind the counter and said: “I have a knife, I’m going to kill you and everyone in the shop.”

The shop assistant called for her supervisor.

Connor, of Leicester Street, Whitecross, then grabbed three bottles of wine on a display shelf and ran out of the store.

Police soon arrived and viewed CCTV footage to track him.

Peter Hussey, prosecuting, said: “An officer found the defendant in a yard where he was drinking from a bottle of wine with the other two at his feet. “The officer also noticed he had dropped a black sock on the floor and found another at the scene. The defendant appeared to be wearing socks on his hands in the CCTV footage.”

Police searched a bag he had and found a kitchen knife too.

After being arrested Connor, who had a history of small crimes with his last conviction for shoplifting in 2010, said he was ashamed and embarrassed by what he had done.

Gerald Pachter, defending, said: “He was heavily intoxicated when it happened. The knife wasn’t used or brandished or seen during the robbery. He didn’t take the knife purposefully, he has been in Warrington for some time and takes the knife out because he gets bullied.”

“He has been in custody now for 12 weeks and had a chance to clean up his act. He’s using his time in prison wisely, he’s off drink and off the drugs.”

Sentencing him Judge David Hale said: “The worst part is what you say. I don’t suggest for a moment you intended that but the people to who that was said that must be pretty terrifying.”

He was handed a three year sentence for the robbery and 12 months in prison to run concurrently for possession of the knife after pleading guilty to both offences.

Comments (22)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:59am Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

12:51pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Cheap Mower says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.[/p][/quote]Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . . Cheap Mower
  • Score: 0

12:52pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Cheap Mower says...

meant*
meant* Cheap Mower
  • Score: 0

3:12pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

Cheap Mower wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .
Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated
[quote][p][bold]Cheap Mower[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.[/p][/quote]Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .[/p][/quote]Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

3:35pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Cheap Mower says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
Cheap Mower wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .
Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated
I'm onabout you saying that alcohol shouldn't be available in off licences or supermarkets but then go on to say that buying it online would be ok.
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cheap Mower[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.[/p][/quote]Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .[/p][/quote]Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated[/p][/quote]I'm onabout you saying that alcohol shouldn't be available in off licences or supermarkets but then go on to say that buying it online would be ok. Cheap Mower
  • Score: 0

3:38pm Fri 18 Jan 13

Cheap Mower says...

Cheap Mower wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
Cheap Mower wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .
Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated
I'm onabout you saying that alcohol shouldn't be available in off licences or supermarkets but then go on to say that buying it online would be ok.
I'm onabout you saying that alcohol shouldn't be available in off licences or supermarkets but then go on to say that buying it online would be ok. Also you seem to think that alcohol turns you into a rapist and a thief . . . . an absolutley stupid comment
[quote][p][bold]Cheap Mower[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cheap Mower[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.[/p][/quote]Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .[/p][/quote]Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated[/p][/quote]I'm onabout you saying that alcohol shouldn't be available in off licences or supermarkets but then go on to say that buying it online would be ok.[/p][/quote]I'm onabout you saying that alcohol shouldn't be available in off licences or supermarkets but then go on to say that buying it online would be ok. Also you seem to think that alcohol turns you into a rapist and a thief . . . . an absolutley stupid comment Cheap Mower
  • Score: 0

4:04pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

I would actually prefer to ban the total sale of alcohol but cut some slack for those who may be more reasonable drinkers which is why I have suggested Public Bars i.e. Pubs & Social Clubs, and resturants. It is acknowledged and widley known that alcohol changes people's charicture, reduces inhibitions and obstructs coherent thinking, which can some times result in rape and shoplifting and drunk drivers causing havoc and mayhem, it is extensively documented in court cases and newspaper reports.
I would actually prefer to ban the total sale of alcohol but cut some slack for those who may be more reasonable drinkers which is why I have suggested Public Bars i.e. Pubs & Social Clubs, and resturants. It is acknowledged and widley known that alcohol changes people's charicture, reduces inhibitions and obstructs coherent thinking, which can some times result in rape and shoplifting and drunk drivers causing havoc and mayhem, it is extensively documented in court cases and newspaper reports. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

5:28pm Fri 18 Jan 13

pognoogle says...

Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated”

I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!
Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated” I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools! pognoogle
  • Score: 0

5:31pm Fri 18 Jan 13

pognoogle says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
Cheap Mower wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .
Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated
I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!”
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Cheap Mower[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.[/p][/quote]Im taking it that your comments are means as a joke . . .[/p][/quote]Which bit of the comment do you find so amusing? Are you oblivious to the effects of the excessive intake of intoxicating alcoholic beverages by drunk drivers, drunken wife beaters, drunk child neglecters, rape victims drunken fools, alcoholic shop-lifters as in the above Warrington Guardian article, etc.? It is certainly no subject for to joke about or indeed to witness such people causing mayhem while inebriated[/p][/quote]I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!” pognoogle
  • Score: 0

5:39pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

pognoogle says...
5:31pm Fri 18 Jan 13

"I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!”

Your struggling is over because I haven't suggested that the rape victim was at fault, only the drunken rapist who committed this horrific crime while he was far from being sober.
pognoogle says... 5:31pm Fri 18 Jan 13 "I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!” Your struggling is over because I haven't suggested that the rape victim was at fault, only the drunken rapist who committed this horrific crime while he was far from being sober. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

6:24pm Fri 18 Jan 13

HulkHogan says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
What would stop people drinking themselves silly in a bar? I know, how about stopping supermarkets from selling food, as far too many people abuse these products. For whatever reason, you have an issue with alcohol. However, surely a better approach would be to have greater punishments for alcohol fuelled crimes.

My guess is that your ideas will not be happening any time soon.
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.[/p][/quote]What would stop people drinking themselves silly in a bar? I know, how about stopping supermarkets from selling food, as far too many people abuse these products. For whatever reason, you have an issue with alcohol. However, surely a better approach would be to have greater punishments for alcohol fuelled crimes. My guess is that your ideas will not be happening any time soon. HulkHogan
  • Score: 0

6:57pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

HulkHogan says...
6:24pm Fri 18 Jan 13

"What would stop people drinking themselves silly in a bar? ..."

Frequently bar staff and fellow drinkers have been observed looking after each other, and an amount of restraint could be applied in such places.


"... I know, how about stopping supermarkets from selling food, as far too many people abuse these products...

There is indeed a modicum of wisdom in this throw away comment of yours, for when a counter service was widespread in the shops and department stores, there was much less opportunity for shop-lifting because the majority of the stock (with some exceptions) was not accessible for everyone to help themselves or serve themselves.


"... For whatever reason, you have an issue with alcohol..."

Yes, I sure do have issues with alcohol, additionally you will have observed those issues that I have listed in my comments above.


"However, surely a better approach would be to have greater punishments for alcohol fuelled crimes."

In my opinion, your suggestion would merely add unnecessary further cost to public funds that we are already struggling to find.

We are already seeing changes that affect the use and abuse of alcohol, so for now I live in hope for further changes.
HulkHogan says... 6:24pm Fri 18 Jan 13 "What would stop people drinking themselves silly in a bar? ..." Frequently bar staff and fellow drinkers have been observed looking after each other, and an amount of restraint could be applied in such places. "... I know, how about stopping supermarkets from selling food, as far too many people abuse these products... There is indeed a modicum of wisdom in this throw away comment of yours, for when a counter service was widespread in the shops and department stores, there was much less opportunity for shop-lifting because the majority of the stock (with some exceptions) was not accessible for everyone to help themselves or serve themselves. "... For whatever reason, you have an issue with alcohol..." Yes, I sure do have issues with alcohol, additionally you will have observed those issues that I have listed in my comments above. "However, surely a better approach would be to have greater punishments for alcohol fuelled crimes." In my opinion, your suggestion would merely add unnecessary further cost to public funds that we are already struggling to find. We are already seeing changes that affect the use and abuse of alcohol, so for now I live in hope for further changes. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

7:09pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SickAndTired2 says...

Why should responsible people suffer for the irresponsibility of societies idiots??

What is wrong with people getting a bloody grip of themselves and taking responsibility of their actions instead of blaming alcohol???
Why should responsible people suffer for the irresponsibility of societies idiots?? What is wrong with people getting a bloody grip of themselves and taking responsibility of their actions instead of blaming alcohol??? SickAndTired2
  • Score: 0

7:28pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

SickAndTired2 wrote:
Why should responsible people suffer for the irresponsibility of societies idiots??

What is wrong with people getting a bloody grip of themselves and taking responsibility of their actions instead of blaming alcohol???
I agree with the majority and the spirit of your opinion in this comment.

I have observed the fact that when alcohol is involved in such cases it has been found to be a major contributing fact to the cause and effect of some of the aforementioned misdemeanours and to irresponsible antisocial behaviours.
[quote][p][bold]SickAndTired2[/bold] wrote: Why should responsible people suffer for the irresponsibility of societies idiots?? What is wrong with people getting a bloody grip of themselves and taking responsibility of their actions instead of blaming alcohol???[/p][/quote]I agree with the majority and the spirit of your opinion in this comment. I have observed the fact that when alcohol is involved in such cases it has been found to be a major contributing fact to the cause and effect of some of the aforementioned misdemeanours and to irresponsible antisocial behaviours. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

8:57pm Fri 18 Jan 13

pognoogle says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
pognoogle says...
5:31pm Fri 18 Jan 13

"I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!”

Your struggling is over because I haven't suggested that the rape victim was at fault, only the drunken rapist who committed this horrific crime while he was far from being sober.
I'm glad you 'cleared' that up then SAC. Although it still looks like you're 'blaming' rape victims as you included them in a list of negative drink/drunk-related people.(before you start, I know victims are negatives too, but they're a different type). Personally, I'd have written rapists (just to make it clearer y'know). Perhaps you could just watch how you phrase things in future..... :P
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: pognoogle says... 5:31pm Fri 18 Jan 13 "I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!” Your struggling is over because I haven't suggested that the rape victim was at fault, only the drunken rapist who committed this horrific crime while he was far from being sober.[/p][/quote]I'm glad you 'cleared' that up then SAC. Although it still looks like you're 'blaming' rape victims as you included them in a list of negative drink/drunk-related people.(before you start, I know victims are negatives too, but they're a different type). Personally, I'd have written rapists (just to make it clearer y'know). Perhaps you could just watch how you phrase things in future..... :P pognoogle
  • Score: 0

9:18pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

pognoogle wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
pognoogle says...
5:31pm Fri 18 Jan 13

"I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!”

Your struggling is over because I haven't suggested that the rape victim was at fault, only the drunken rapist who committed this horrific crime while he was far from being sober.
I'm glad you 'cleared' that up then SAC. Although it still looks like you're 'blaming' rape victims as you included them in a list of negative drink/drunk-related people.(before you start, I know victims are negatives too, but they're a different type). Personally, I'd have written rapists (just to make it clearer y'know). Perhaps you could just watch how you phrase things in future..... :P
Thank you for assisting with clarifying my comment. I can now see where your thinking; I should have said ... to or on rape victims, therefore meaning the effects of the excessive alcohol intake of the perpetrator. I don't want people to think that I might subscribe to the false theory that rape victim contribute to their own sexual assaults.
[quote][p][bold]pognoogle[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: pognoogle says... 5:31pm Fri 18 Jan 13 "I'm struggling to believe that you seriously consider rape victims to be at fault for being drunk here?! How dare you even compare them to wife beaters and drunken fools!” Your struggling is over because I haven't suggested that the rape victim was at fault, only the drunken rapist who committed this horrific crime while he was far from being sober.[/p][/quote]I'm glad you 'cleared' that up then SAC. Although it still looks like you're 'blaming' rape victims as you included them in a list of negative drink/drunk-related people.(before you start, I know victims are negatives too, but they're a different type). Personally, I'd have written rapists (just to make it clearer y'know). Perhaps you could just watch how you phrase things in future..... :P[/p][/quote]Thank you for assisting with clarifying my comment. I can now see where your thinking; I should have said ... to or on rape victims, therefore meaning the effects of the excessive alcohol intake of the perpetrator. I don't want people to think that I might subscribe to the false theory that rape victim contribute to their own sexual assaults. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

9:26pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SickAndTired2 says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
SickAndTired2 wrote:
Why should responsible people suffer for the irresponsibility of societies idiots??

What is wrong with people getting a bloody grip of themselves and taking responsibility of their actions instead of blaming alcohol???
I agree with the majority and the spirit of your opinion in this comment.

I have observed the fact that when alcohol is involved in such cases it has been found to be a major contributing fact to the cause and effect of some of the aforementioned misdemeanours and to irresponsible antisocial behaviours.
I agree the the prevalence of alcohol exists in the vast majority of violent crime but the issue goes way deeper than that of availability..

Society's ills however will not be resolved by restricting the availability of alcohol. Releasing it from the grip of a tryrannical bank and corporate owned government is where it needs to start.
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SickAndTired2[/bold] wrote: Why should responsible people suffer for the irresponsibility of societies idiots?? What is wrong with people getting a bloody grip of themselves and taking responsibility of their actions instead of blaming alcohol???[/p][/quote]I agree with the majority and the spirit of your opinion in this comment. I have observed the fact that when alcohol is involved in such cases it has been found to be a major contributing fact to the cause and effect of some of the aforementioned misdemeanours and to irresponsible antisocial behaviours.[/p][/quote]I agree the the prevalence of alcohol exists in the vast majority of violent crime but the issue goes way deeper than that of availability.. Society's ills however will not be resolved by restricting the availability of alcohol. Releasing it from the grip of a tryrannical bank and corporate owned government is where it needs to start. SickAndTired2
  • Score: 0

9:39pm Fri 18 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

SickAndTired2 wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
SickAndTired2 wrote:
Why should responsible people suffer for the irresponsibility of societies idiots??

What is wrong with people getting a bloody grip of themselves and taking responsibility of their actions instead of blaming alcohol???
I agree with the majority and the spirit of your opinion in this comment.

I have observed the fact that when alcohol is involved in such cases it has been found to be a major contributing fact to the cause and effect of some of the aforementioned misdemeanours and to irresponsible antisocial behaviours.
I agree the the prevalence of alcohol exists in the vast majority of violent crime but the issue goes way deeper than that of availability..

Society's ills however will not be resolved by restricting the availability of alcohol. Releasing it from the grip of a tryrannical bank and corporate owned government is where it needs to start.
I concur with your comment,prohibition it is also to do with each individuals dependency or not and also the fact the successive governments and sovereigns have taxed it. I also realise that total prohibition like that action seen in The United States of America didn't actually work, and was still closely associated with crime. I follow your points and substantially agree with them.
[quote][p][bold]SickAndTired2[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SickAndTired2[/bold] wrote: Why should responsible people suffer for the irresponsibility of societies idiots?? What is wrong with people getting a bloody grip of themselves and taking responsibility of their actions instead of blaming alcohol???[/p][/quote]I agree with the majority and the spirit of your opinion in this comment. I have observed the fact that when alcohol is involved in such cases it has been found to be a major contributing fact to the cause and effect of some of the aforementioned misdemeanours and to irresponsible antisocial behaviours.[/p][/quote]I agree the the prevalence of alcohol exists in the vast majority of violent crime but the issue goes way deeper than that of availability.. Society's ills however will not be resolved by restricting the availability of alcohol. Releasing it from the grip of a tryrannical bank and corporate owned government is where it needs to start.[/p][/quote]I concur with your comment,prohibition it is also to do with each individuals dependency or not and also the fact the successive governments and sovereigns have taxed it. I also realise that total prohibition like that action seen in The United States of America didn't actually work, and was still closely associated with crime. I follow your points and substantially agree with them. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

12:10pm Sun 20 Jan 13

Mikeywire says...

SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
What a brilliant idea..Yes because of a minority of violent low lives can't drink responsibly and go out fighting and robbing from shops...Lets punish everyone who can enjoy a drink resonsiblily lets stop the lad who wants to pick up a few beers after a hard day at work to settle down and watch the match.. Or the young couple who want to share a bottle of wine with their evening meal... What would stop it would be to give these violent offenders some serious jail time and stop **** footing around and punishing the good people.
[quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.[/p][/quote]What a brilliant idea..Yes because of a minority of violent low lives can't drink responsibly and go out fighting and robbing from shops...Lets punish everyone who can enjoy a drink resonsiblily lets stop the lad who wants to pick up a few beers after a hard day at work to settle down and watch the match.. Or the young couple who want to share a bottle of wine with their evening meal... What would stop it would be to give these violent offenders some serious jail time and stop **** footing around and punishing the good people. Mikeywire
  • Score: 0

7:17pm Sun 20 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

Mikeywire wrote:
SAC_in_Warrington wrote:
I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.
What a brilliant idea..Yes because of a minority of violent low lives can't drink responsibly and go out fighting and robbing from shops...Lets punish everyone who can enjoy a drink resonsiblily lets stop the lad who wants to pick up a few beers after a hard day at work to settle down and watch the match.. Or the young couple who want to share a bottle of wine with their evening meal... What would stop it would be to give these violent offenders some serious jail time and stop **** footing around and punishing the good people.
These are your words not mine, but when does a recreational drug become unacceptable?
[quote][p][bold]Mikeywire[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]SAC_in_Warrington[/bold] wrote: I advocate the prohibition of all alcoholic beverages in supermarkets, off licence shops and at local corner-shops. It should be sold only in Public Bars, restaurants and on line. Alcohol is currently, far too easily available to those that abuse these intoxicating products. Those that excessively indulge in its use cost the tax payer huge amounts of costs in the form of Policing, Emergency Services, Criminal Damage, Family breakdown, Safeguarding issues, Mental health issues , etc., etc.[/p][/quote]What a brilliant idea..Yes because of a minority of violent low lives can't drink responsibly and go out fighting and robbing from shops...Lets punish everyone who can enjoy a drink resonsiblily lets stop the lad who wants to pick up a few beers after a hard day at work to settle down and watch the match.. Or the young couple who want to share a bottle of wine with their evening meal... What would stop it would be to give these violent offenders some serious jail time and stop **** footing around and punishing the good people.[/p][/quote]These are your words not mine, but when does a recreational drug become unacceptable? SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

11:37am Mon 21 Jan 13

Mikeywire says...

It becomes unacceptable when people use it to excess and become violent and enter shops threatening to kill people...And it may come as a surprise but most people who enjoy alcohol in a responsible manner don't do this...The one's that do need to be punished properly...
It becomes unacceptable when people use it to excess and become violent and enter shops threatening to kill people...And it may come as a surprise but most people who enjoy alcohol in a responsible manner don't do this...The one's that do need to be punished properly... Mikeywire
  • Score: 0

12:10pm Mon 21 Jan 13

SAC_in_Warrington says...

It has certainly been my observation and comes as no surprise to me that people who say that most people who enjoy alcohol in a "responsible" manner don't seem to realise the consequences and mind limiting effects that their imbibing creates; and when tested or assessed (by their GP and other medical personnel and the Police), have been unaware of their alcohol limits, including the number of units they have taken.

This man has been punished in the past according to the report and his alcohol dependance hasn't waned, as this reported threat illustrates. Restricting access to tobacco has worked and I don't see why it wouldn't have a similar effect with the other common recreational drug, i.e., Alcohol.
It has certainly been my observation and comes as no surprise to me that people who say that most people who enjoy alcohol in a "responsible" manner don't seem to realise the consequences and mind limiting effects that their imbibing creates; and when tested or assessed (by their GP and other medical personnel and the Police), have been unaware of their alcohol limits, including the number of units they have taken. This man has been punished in the past according to the report and his alcohol dependance hasn't waned, as this reported threat illustrates. Restricting access to tobacco has worked and I don't see why it wouldn't have a similar effect with the other common recreational drug, i.e., Alcohol. SAC_in_Warrington
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree