Warrington bin collections could go fortnightly

Warrington Guardian: Warrington bin collections could go fortnightly Warrington bin collections could go fortnightly

WARRINGTON could be heading for fortnightly bin collections for general waste to save almost £1 million a year.


The council’s executive board is set to discuss the future of bin collections in the borough at a meeting on Monday and the recommendations call for alternative weekly collections for recyclable waste one week and general waste the following week.


At a full council meeting yesterday Clr Celia Jordan (LD - Stockton Heath) asked: “Is the council planning to change from weekly to two weekly collections?”


But Clr David Keane (LAB - Penketh and Cuerdley), executive board member for environment and public protection, remained tightlipped replying: “This council is considering options for the future collection of all waste. A report will be considered at the next meeting of the executive board.”


The report, which has been released today, recommends that due to the council’s budgetary position it needs to move to an alternative weekly collection.


It says it will save the council £900,000 a year if the change goes ahead.

Comments (48)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

1:49pm Tue 11 Dec 12

nextdoor says...

A bin man I know said it is going fortnightly from Feb.
A bin man I know said it is going fortnightly from Feb. nextdoor

1:53pm Tue 11 Dec 12

choggy says...

suits me
suits me choggy

2:13pm Tue 11 Dec 12

MikeJT says...

They try to encourage people to recycle. They get people to put less than half of their "previous" waste in the bin. They collect the blue bins and the green bins (during summer) fortnightly.........
....................
....................
....... and this comes as a surprise?
They try to encourage people to recycle. They get people to put less than half of their "previous" waste in the bin. They collect the blue bins and the green bins (during summer) fortnightly......... .................... .................... ....... and this comes as a surprise? MikeJT

2:27pm Tue 11 Dec 12

stas_73 says...

probably going to spend the million each year on road markings then burn them off and do them again and again!!!. and look forward to seeing more rubbish just thrown at the side of the roads and left there for days.
probably going to spend the million each year on road markings then burn them off and do them again and again!!!. and look forward to seeing more rubbish just thrown at the side of the roads and left there for days. stas_73

2:33pm Tue 11 Dec 12

bungalowbill says...

This will not suit large house holds. And its bad enough when you can not bring your bin in straight away, with other people putting there waste in anyone's bin. Lets sit back and watch the dumping begin.....
This will not suit large house holds. And its bad enough when you can not bring your bin in straight away, with other people putting there waste in anyone's bin. Lets sit back and watch the dumping begin..... bungalowbill

2:47pm Tue 11 Dec 12

deakodude says...

Already only put ours out fortnightly, could do with a larger blue bin as we recycle that much.
Already only put ours out fortnightly, could do with a larger blue bin as we recycle that much. deakodude

2:52pm Tue 11 Dec 12

Nick Tessla says...

When there is a blue bin collection, just notice how many households can't be bothered recycling packaging, newpapers, junk mail etc.


I don't know if the biggest reason for not doing so is stupidity, an anti-social attitude or just laziness - it's not that much effort folks!


It's not as if you have to walk/drive to the bottle bank or paper recycling facility - the bin's there!


Perhaps this will encourage them.
When there is a blue bin collection, just notice how many households can't be bothered recycling packaging, newpapers, junk mail etc. I don't know if the biggest reason for not doing so is stupidity, an anti-social attitude or just laziness - it's not that much effort folks! It's not as if you have to walk/drive to the bottle bank or paper recycling facility - the bin's there! Perhaps this will encourage them. Nick Tessla

3:01pm Tue 11 Dec 12

chunkymunky says...

Ours only goes one once every 2-3 weeks currently, we try and recycle as much as possible and altered what we buy a while back to minimise packaging on food etc. Also spending a bit of time collapsing things like cans and boxes makes a hell of a difference!
Ours only goes one once every 2-3 weeks currently, we try and recycle as much as possible and altered what we buy a while back to minimise packaging on food etc. Also spending a bit of time collapsing things like cans and boxes makes a hell of a difference! chunkymunky

3:01pm Tue 11 Dec 12

widnesman says...

By reducing the refuge collections by half, will mean the number of people employed to do the collecting, will be reduced by half.

Once again W.B.C. are considering more job cuts from their lower paid workers, while the "Fat Cat Leaders" are coining it in!!
By reducing the refuge collections by half, will mean the number of people employed to do the collecting, will be reduced by half. Once again W.B.C. are considering more job cuts from their lower paid workers, while the "Fat Cat Leaders" are coining it in!! widnesman

3:16pm Tue 11 Dec 12

LJ says...

Ours are only ever half full. Fortnightly is fine and would save on diesel.
Ours are only ever half full. Fortnightly is fine and would save on diesel. LJ

3:44pm Tue 11 Dec 12

notatcreamfields says...

Is Council tax going to be slashed by 50% to reflect this then cause that's basically what more people get for their £20 per week Council tax cause the Police don't even come out for days when your property is burgled so all evidence is destroyed by then. All these cost cutting exercise's are a joke, what really needs to be done is all agency staff to be shelved and the Council hire their own staff cause agency staff often cost 50% more just so they have the option to sack them for no reason. The councillors earning 6 figure salarys that they don't deserve plus ridiculous bonuses that don't filter down to lower staff even though the councillors constantly make expensive mistakes that costs Council tax payers tens of thousands if we're lucky or more often hundreds of thousands of pounds on ridiculous things like part time traffic lights on Cockhedge roundabout that was just spent because they've got to spend every penny they get from the Government and Council tax payers or else they'll get less the following year. It was Labour Government that started this culture with borrowing big in the boom years with councils spewing money everywhere just so they could increase Council tax by 100s% in the 13 years of being lied to by Tony Blair and Gordon Brown the mong, no wonder Brown has been keeping his head down cause it's him what's caused this. I don't get how he could become a member of English parliament anyway when English people are banned from Scottish Parliament let alone him becoming an unelected unpopular prime minister with his typical Labour answers about people questioning the huge amount of asylum seekers and EU migrants Labour brought in so they were basically importing voters and even admitted their plan for multicultural Britain failed big time because not so much Eastern European failing to integrate but Asylum Seekers refusing to integrate and some not even bothering to learn the languase because the Government always paid for translators with no pressure placed on them to learn the language. Obviously if they won't learn English it's unlikely they'll get a job. The Eastern Europeans all learnt English so why haven't the large numbers of Afghan Asylum Seekers and Pakistani bogus asylum seekers posing as Afghans with no paper work and also Iraqi's and people from the surrounding countries also preventing to be Iraqi's to claim asylum. They should've all been refused unless they could give a valid reason as to Why they've travelled through multiple safe countries that they could've claimed asylum in and then sometimes staying in France for years trying to sneak in to the UK. If they couldn't give a valid reason they should've been deported with no appeals. There's no more space or money for the tens of thousands of asylum seekers entering each month and no money because each case costs tens of thousands of pounds in Legal aid paid by the British tax payer when they shouldn't be in the UK in the first place according to the dublin agreement and before that the geneva convention. The Eastern European countries wanted to join the EU and it's about time they were forced to take some of there Asylum seekers from the UK cause we can't cope and we can't afford for them to continue spilling over the border in ever increasing numbers. Are we going to need to be made totally bankrupt before the Government tells Brussels there's totally no room or money to take any more and the ones queuing to get in in France need to be removed by brussels and taken to other EU countries a lot larger than the UK who're not taking their fair share like France for example. The only countries who're getting hammered are the UK, Spain which is on it's knees too because of it and germany. The other countries and taking on tiny amounts compared to their land mass. All asylum claims should be stopped straight away until the majority who're bogus are deported and the ones accepted be settled. A back log of 6 years is unacceptable because there's that many. As you prob guessed i'm fuming with Labour for putting us in this situation and also George Osbourne for stripping tax payers to the bone while not mentioning the huge amounts spent in Legal aid for asylum seekers even when it's so obvious that they're bogus but brussels tells us they're gotta have x amount of appeals before deportation which makes a large percentage when it comes to the end of the process and it's basically guarantee they'll be refused they then go on the run taking jobs for cash in hand that people legally here and allowed to work should be doing. Also foreign aid has been increased by 27% which is just a **** check when there's hundreds of thousands of people having to use food banks or they'd starve with an increasing number of working people having to use them because the Government have stripped us to the bone so much. How can we be told we've gotta help people in other countries starving when people in this country are starving. If nothing's going to be done we will go bankrupt and normal people will be rioting in the street. The Conservatives haven't dealt with this in the best way but it remains to say a decade of really bad management by labour have caused this and still they've not even apologised for it when the majority of labour mps were also stealing direct from the tax payer and still are now they've just changed how they do it. Sorry for the long message but i'm absolutley livid with what we're having to put up with now
Is Council tax going to be slashed by 50% to reflect this then cause that's basically what more people get for their £20 per week Council tax cause the Police don't even come out for days when your property is burgled so all evidence is destroyed by then. All these cost cutting exercise's are a joke, what really needs to be done is all agency staff to be shelved and the Council hire their own staff cause agency staff often cost 50% more just so they have the option to sack them for no reason. The councillors earning 6 figure salarys that they don't deserve plus ridiculous bonuses that don't filter down to lower staff even though the councillors constantly make expensive mistakes that costs Council tax payers tens of thousands if we're lucky or more often hundreds of thousands of pounds on ridiculous things like part time traffic lights on Cockhedge roundabout that was just spent because they've got to spend every penny they get from the Government and Council tax payers or else they'll get less the following year. It was Labour Government that started this culture with borrowing big in the boom years with councils spewing money everywhere just so they could increase Council tax by 100s% in the 13 years of being lied to by Tony Blair and Gordon Brown the mong, no wonder Brown has been keeping his head down cause it's him what's caused this. I don't get how he could become a member of English parliament anyway when English people are banned from Scottish Parliament let alone him becoming an unelected unpopular prime minister with his typical Labour answers about people questioning the huge amount of asylum seekers and EU migrants Labour brought in so they were basically importing voters and even admitted their plan for multicultural Britain failed big time because not so much Eastern European failing to integrate but Asylum Seekers refusing to integrate and some not even bothering to learn the languase because the Government always paid for translators with no pressure placed on them to learn the language. Obviously if they won't learn English it's unlikely they'll get a job. The Eastern Europeans all learnt English so why haven't the large numbers of Afghan Asylum Seekers and Pakistani bogus asylum seekers posing as Afghans with no paper work and also Iraqi's and people from the surrounding countries also preventing to be Iraqi's to claim asylum. They should've all been refused unless they could give a valid reason as to Why they've travelled through multiple safe countries that they could've claimed asylum in and then sometimes staying in France for years trying to sneak in to the UK. If they couldn't give a valid reason they should've been deported with no appeals. There's no more space or money for the tens of thousands of asylum seekers entering each month and no money because each case costs tens of thousands of pounds in Legal aid paid by the British tax payer when they shouldn't be in the UK in the first place according to the dublin agreement and before that the geneva convention. The Eastern European countries wanted to join the EU and it's about time they were forced to take some of there Asylum seekers from the UK cause we can't cope and we can't afford for them to continue spilling over the border in ever increasing numbers. Are we going to need to be made totally bankrupt before the Government tells Brussels there's totally no room or money to take any more and the ones queuing to get in in France need to be removed by brussels and taken to other EU countries a lot larger than the UK who're not taking their fair share like France for example. The only countries who're getting hammered are the UK, Spain which is on it's knees too because of it and germany. The other countries and taking on tiny amounts compared to their land mass. All asylum claims should be stopped straight away until the majority who're bogus are deported and the ones accepted be settled. A back log of 6 years is unacceptable because there's that many. As you prob guessed i'm fuming with Labour for putting us in this situation and also George Osbourne for stripping tax payers to the bone while not mentioning the huge amounts spent in Legal aid for asylum seekers even when it's so obvious that they're bogus but brussels tells us they're gotta have x amount of appeals before deportation which makes a large percentage when it comes to the end of the process and it's basically guarantee they'll be refused they then go on the run taking jobs for cash in hand that people legally here and allowed to work should be doing. Also foreign aid has been increased by 27% which is just a **** check when there's hundreds of thousands of people having to use food banks or they'd starve with an increasing number of working people having to use them because the Government have stripped us to the bone so much. How can we be told we've gotta help people in other countries starving when people in this country are starving. If nothing's going to be done we will go bankrupt and normal people will be rioting in the street. The Conservatives haven't dealt with this in the best way but it remains to say a decade of really bad management by labour have caused this and still they've not even apologised for it when the majority of labour mps were also stealing direct from the tax payer and still are now they've just changed how they do it. Sorry for the long message but i'm absolutley livid with what we're having to put up with now notatcreamfields

4:06pm Tue 11 Dec 12

Nick Tessla says...

notatcreamfields wrote:
Is Council tax going to be slashed by 50% to reflect this then cause that's basically what more people get for their £20 per week Council tax cause the Police don't even come out for days when your property is burgled so all evidence is destroyed by then. All these cost cutting exercise's are a joke, what really needs to be done is all agency staff to be shelved and the Council hire their own staff cause agency staff often cost 50% more just so they have the option to sack them for no reason. The councillors earning 6 figure salarys that they don't deserve plus ridiculous bonuses that don't filter down to lower staff even though the councillors constantly make expensive mistakes that costs Council tax payers tens of thousands if we're lucky or more often hundreds of thousands of pounds on ridiculous things like part time traffic lights on Cockhedge roundabout that was just spent because they've got to spend every penny they get from the Government and Council tax payers or else they'll get less the following year. It was Labour Government that started this culture with borrowing big in the boom years with councils spewing money everywhere just so they could increase Council tax by 100s% in the 13 years of being lied to by Tony Blair and Gordon Brown the mong, no wonder Brown has been keeping his head down cause it's him what's caused this. I don't get how he could become a member of English parliament anyway when English people are banned from Scottish Parliament let alone him becoming an unelected unpopular prime minister with his typical Labour answers about people questioning the huge amount of asylum seekers and EU migrants Labour brought in so they were basically importing voters and even admitted their plan for multicultural Britain failed big time because not so much Eastern European failing to integrate but Asylum Seekers refusing to integrate and some not even bothering to learn the languase because the Government always paid for translators with no pressure placed on them to learn the language. Obviously if they won't learn English it's unlikely they'll get a job. The Eastern Europeans all learnt English so why haven't the large numbers of Afghan Asylum Seekers and Pakistani bogus asylum seekers posing as Afghans with no paper work and also Iraqi's and people from the surrounding countries also preventing to be Iraqi's to claim asylum. They should've all been refused unless they could give a valid reason as to Why they've travelled through multiple safe countries that they could've claimed asylum in and then sometimes staying in France for years trying to sneak in to the UK. If they couldn't give a valid reason they should've been deported with no appeals. There's no more space or money for the tens of thousands of asylum seekers entering each month and no money because each case costs tens of thousands of pounds in Legal aid paid by the British tax payer when they shouldn't be in the UK in the first place according to the dublin agreement and before that the geneva convention. The Eastern European countries wanted to join the EU and it's about time they were forced to take some of there Asylum seekers from the UK cause we can't cope and we can't afford for them to continue spilling over the border in ever increasing numbers. Are we going to need to be made totally bankrupt before the Government tells Brussels there's totally no room or money to take any more and the ones queuing to get in in France need to be removed by brussels and taken to other EU countries a lot larger than the UK who're not taking their fair share like France for example. The only countries who're getting hammered are the UK, Spain which is on it's knees too because of it and germany. The other countries and taking on tiny amounts compared to their land mass. All asylum claims should be stopped straight away until the majority who're bogus are deported and the ones accepted be settled. A back log of 6 years is unacceptable because there's that many. As you prob guessed i'm fuming with Labour for putting us in this situation and also George Osbourne for stripping tax payers to the bone while not mentioning the huge amounts spent in Legal aid for asylum seekers even when it's so obvious that they're bogus but brussels tells us they're gotta have x amount of appeals before deportation which makes a large percentage when it comes to the end of the process and it's basically guarantee they'll be refused they then go on the run taking jobs for cash in hand that people legally here and allowed to work should be doing. Also foreign aid has been increased by 27% which is just a **** check when there's hundreds of thousands of people having to use food banks or they'd starve with an increasing number of working people having to use them because the Government have stripped us to the bone so much. How can we be told we've gotta help people in other countries starving when people in this country are starving. If nothing's going to be done we will go bankrupt and normal people will be rioting in the street. The Conservatives haven't dealt with this in the best way but it remains to say a decade of really bad management by labour have caused this and still they've not even apologised for it when the majority of labour mps were also stealing direct from the tax payer and still are now they've just changed how they do it. Sorry for the long message but i'm absolutley livid with what we're having to put up with now
If there was a prize for turning the subject into an irrelevant Daily Mail rant you would get it :-)


I can't be bothered reading most of it but three points


All Prime Minister's are "unelected" - in that they are not voted for in a general election.



There is no such legal status of "English people" - but if you mean those born in England then they are not banned from the Scottish parliament


There is no such thing as an "English Parliament"
[quote][p][bold]notatcreamfields[/bold] wrote: Is Council tax going to be slashed by 50% to reflect this then cause that's basically what more people get for their £20 per week Council tax cause the Police don't even come out for days when your property is burgled so all evidence is destroyed by then. All these cost cutting exercise's are a joke, what really needs to be done is all agency staff to be shelved and the Council hire their own staff cause agency staff often cost 50% more just so they have the option to sack them for no reason. The councillors earning 6 figure salarys that they don't deserve plus ridiculous bonuses that don't filter down to lower staff even though the councillors constantly make expensive mistakes that costs Council tax payers tens of thousands if we're lucky or more often hundreds of thousands of pounds on ridiculous things like part time traffic lights on Cockhedge roundabout that was just spent because they've got to spend every penny they get from the Government and Council tax payers or else they'll get less the following year. It was Labour Government that started this culture with borrowing big in the boom years with councils spewing money everywhere just so they could increase Council tax by 100s% in the 13 years of being lied to by Tony Blair and Gordon Brown the mong, no wonder Brown has been keeping his head down cause it's him what's caused this. I don't get how he could become a member of English parliament anyway when English people are banned from Scottish Parliament let alone him becoming an unelected unpopular prime minister with his typical Labour answers about people questioning the huge amount of asylum seekers and EU migrants Labour brought in so they were basically importing voters and even admitted their plan for multicultural Britain failed big time because not so much Eastern European failing to integrate but Asylum Seekers refusing to integrate and some not even bothering to learn the languase because the Government always paid for translators with no pressure placed on them to learn the language. Obviously if they won't learn English it's unlikely they'll get a job. The Eastern Europeans all learnt English so why haven't the large numbers of Afghan Asylum Seekers and Pakistani bogus asylum seekers posing as Afghans with no paper work and also Iraqi's and people from the surrounding countries also preventing to be Iraqi's to claim asylum. They should've all been refused unless they could give a valid reason as to Why they've travelled through multiple safe countries that they could've claimed asylum in and then sometimes staying in France for years trying to sneak in to the UK. If they couldn't give a valid reason they should've been deported with no appeals. There's no more space or money for the tens of thousands of asylum seekers entering each month and no money because each case costs tens of thousands of pounds in Legal aid paid by the British tax payer when they shouldn't be in the UK in the first place according to the dublin agreement and before that the geneva convention. The Eastern European countries wanted to join the EU and it's about time they were forced to take some of there Asylum seekers from the UK cause we can't cope and we can't afford for them to continue spilling over the border in ever increasing numbers. Are we going to need to be made totally bankrupt before the Government tells Brussels there's totally no room or money to take any more and the ones queuing to get in in France need to be removed by brussels and taken to other EU countries a lot larger than the UK who're not taking their fair share like France for example. The only countries who're getting hammered are the UK, Spain which is on it's knees too because of it and germany. The other countries and taking on tiny amounts compared to their land mass. All asylum claims should be stopped straight away until the majority who're bogus are deported and the ones accepted be settled. A back log of 6 years is unacceptable because there's that many. As you prob guessed i'm fuming with Labour for putting us in this situation and also George Osbourne for stripping tax payers to the bone while not mentioning the huge amounts spent in Legal aid for asylum seekers even when it's so obvious that they're bogus but brussels tells us they're gotta have x amount of appeals before deportation which makes a large percentage when it comes to the end of the process and it's basically guarantee they'll be refused they then go on the run taking jobs for cash in hand that people legally here and allowed to work should be doing. Also foreign aid has been increased by 27% which is just a **** check when there's hundreds of thousands of people having to use food banks or they'd starve with an increasing number of working people having to use them because the Government have stripped us to the bone so much. How can we be told we've gotta help people in other countries starving when people in this country are starving. If nothing's going to be done we will go bankrupt and normal people will be rioting in the street. The Conservatives haven't dealt with this in the best way but it remains to say a decade of really bad management by labour have caused this and still they've not even apologised for it when the majority of labour mps were also stealing direct from the tax payer and still are now they've just changed how they do it. Sorry for the long message but i'm absolutley livid with what we're having to put up with now[/p][/quote]If there was a prize for turning the subject into an irrelevant Daily Mail rant you would get it :-) I can't be bothered reading most of it but three points All Prime Minister's are "unelected" - in that they are not voted for in a general election. There is no such legal status of "English people" - but if you mean those born in England then they are not banned from the Scottish parliament There is no such thing as an "English Parliament" Nick Tessla

4:26pm Tue 11 Dec 12

notatcreamfields says...

Nick Tessla wrote:
notatcreamfields wrote:
Is Council tax going to be slashed by 50% to reflect this then cause that's basically what more people get for their £20 per week Council tax cause the Police don't even come out for days when your property is burgled so all evidence is destroyed by then. All these cost cutting exercise's are a joke, what really needs to be done is all agency staff to be shelved and the Council hire their own staff cause agency staff often cost 50% more just so they have the option to sack them for no reason. The councillors earning 6 figure salarys that they don't deserve plus ridiculous bonuses that don't filter down to lower staff even though the councillors constantly make expensive mistakes that costs Council tax payers tens of thousands if we're lucky or more often hundreds of thousands of pounds on ridiculous things like part time traffic lights on Cockhedge roundabout that was just spent because they've got to spend every penny they get from the Government and Council tax payers or else they'll get less the following year. It was Labour Government that started this culture with borrowing big in the boom years with councils spewing money everywhere just so they could increase Council tax by 100s% in the 13 years of being lied to by Tony Blair and Gordon Brown the mong, no wonder Brown has been keeping his head down cause it's him what's caused this. I don't get how he could become a member of English parliament anyway when English people are banned from Scottish Parliament let alone him becoming an unelected unpopular prime minister with his typical Labour answers about people questioning the huge amount of asylum seekers and EU migrants Labour brought in so they were basically importing voters and even admitted their plan for multicultural Britain failed big time because not so much Eastern European failing to integrate but Asylum Seekers refusing to integrate and some not even bothering to learn the languase because the Government always paid for translators with no pressure placed on them to learn the language. Obviously if they won't learn English it's unlikely they'll get a job. The Eastern Europeans all learnt English so why haven't the large numbers of Afghan Asylum Seekers and Pakistani bogus asylum seekers posing as Afghans with no paper work and also Iraqi's and people from the surrounding countries also preventing to be Iraqi's to claim asylum. They should've all been refused unless they could give a valid reason as to Why they've travelled through multiple safe countries that they could've claimed asylum in and then sometimes staying in France for years trying to sneak in to the UK. If they couldn't give a valid reason they should've been deported with no appeals. There's no more space or money for the tens of thousands of asylum seekers entering each month and no money because each case costs tens of thousands of pounds in Legal aid paid by the British tax payer when they shouldn't be in the UK in the first place according to the dublin agreement and before that the geneva convention. The Eastern European countries wanted to join the EU and it's about time they were forced to take some of there Asylum seekers from the UK cause we can't cope and we can't afford for them to continue spilling over the border in ever increasing numbers. Are we going to need to be made totally bankrupt before the Government tells Brussels there's totally no room or money to take any more and the ones queuing to get in in France need to be removed by brussels and taken to other EU countries a lot larger than the UK who're not taking their fair share like France for example. The only countries who're getting hammered are the UK, Spain which is on it's knees too because of it and germany. The other countries and taking on tiny amounts compared to their land mass. All asylum claims should be stopped straight away until the majority who're bogus are deported and the ones accepted be settled. A back log of 6 years is unacceptable because there's that many. As you prob guessed i'm fuming with Labour for putting us in this situation and also George Osbourne for stripping tax payers to the bone while not mentioning the huge amounts spent in Legal aid for asylum seekers even when it's so obvious that they're bogus but brussels tells us they're gotta have x amount of appeals before deportation which makes a large percentage when it comes to the end of the process and it's basically guarantee they'll be refused they then go on the run taking jobs for cash in hand that people legally here and allowed to work should be doing. Also foreign aid has been increased by 27% which is just a **** check when there's hundreds of thousands of people having to use food banks or they'd starve with an increasing number of working people having to use them because the Government have stripped us to the bone so much. How can we be told we've gotta help people in other countries starving when people in this country are starving. If nothing's going to be done we will go bankrupt and normal people will be rioting in the street. The Conservatives haven't dealt with this in the best way but it remains to say a decade of really bad management by labour have caused this and still they've not even apologised for it when the majority of labour mps were also stealing direct from the tax payer and still are now they've just changed how they do it. Sorry for the long message but i'm absolutley livid with what we're having to put up with now
If there was a prize for turning the subject into an irrelevant Daily Mail rant you would get it :-)


I can't be bothered reading most of it but three points


All Prime Minister's are "unelected" - in that they are not voted for in a general election.



There is no such legal status of "English people" - but if you mean those born in England then they are not banned from the Scottish parliament


There is no such thing as an "English Parliament"
I'll think you'll find nobody who's English can join as a MSP. Also cause a prime minister is elected, if Gordon Brown had stepped down it's well accepted that Labour would've done better in the General election and what the hell are you on about there's no such thing as someone being legally English? Have you been smoking something? And it's quite relevant because changing to fortnightly is an exercise to save money because Labour screwed us all. I hope you have a look at the Scottish parliament rules and come back and say yano what your right no English person can be part of the Scottish Parliament and if you have a look at your passport in country of Birth it will say England which makes you English doesn't it? What team plays in the football world cup? Is it the British team or the English team, the Welsh Team, the Scottish Team? You've gotta have never played for another national team but most of the time it's English people in the England team. Scottish people in the Scotland Team And Welsh people in the Wales team so tell me again Why you think that there's no such thing as an English person? Ha ha cheers for the laugh i was fuming when i wrote that comment but your ridiculous incorrect statements really tickled me, you're not the sharpest blade in the drawer are you?
[quote][p][bold]Nick Tessla[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]notatcreamfields[/bold] wrote: Is Council tax going to be slashed by 50% to reflect this then cause that's basically what more people get for their £20 per week Council tax cause the Police don't even come out for days when your property is burgled so all evidence is destroyed by then. All these cost cutting exercise's are a joke, what really needs to be done is all agency staff to be shelved and the Council hire their own staff cause agency staff often cost 50% more just so they have the option to sack them for no reason. The councillors earning 6 figure salarys that they don't deserve plus ridiculous bonuses that don't filter down to lower staff even though the councillors constantly make expensive mistakes that costs Council tax payers tens of thousands if we're lucky or more often hundreds of thousands of pounds on ridiculous things like part time traffic lights on Cockhedge roundabout that was just spent because they've got to spend every penny they get from the Government and Council tax payers or else they'll get less the following year. It was Labour Government that started this culture with borrowing big in the boom years with councils spewing money everywhere just so they could increase Council tax by 100s% in the 13 years of being lied to by Tony Blair and Gordon Brown the mong, no wonder Brown has been keeping his head down cause it's him what's caused this. I don't get how he could become a member of English parliament anyway when English people are banned from Scottish Parliament let alone him becoming an unelected unpopular prime minister with his typical Labour answers about people questioning the huge amount of asylum seekers and EU migrants Labour brought in so they were basically importing voters and even admitted their plan for multicultural Britain failed big time because not so much Eastern European failing to integrate but Asylum Seekers refusing to integrate and some not even bothering to learn the languase because the Government always paid for translators with no pressure placed on them to learn the language. Obviously if they won't learn English it's unlikely they'll get a job. The Eastern Europeans all learnt English so why haven't the large numbers of Afghan Asylum Seekers and Pakistani bogus asylum seekers posing as Afghans with no paper work and also Iraqi's and people from the surrounding countries also preventing to be Iraqi's to claim asylum. They should've all been refused unless they could give a valid reason as to Why they've travelled through multiple safe countries that they could've claimed asylum in and then sometimes staying in France for years trying to sneak in to the UK. If they couldn't give a valid reason they should've been deported with no appeals. There's no more space or money for the tens of thousands of asylum seekers entering each month and no money because each case costs tens of thousands of pounds in Legal aid paid by the British tax payer when they shouldn't be in the UK in the first place according to the dublin agreement and before that the geneva convention. The Eastern European countries wanted to join the EU and it's about time they were forced to take some of there Asylum seekers from the UK cause we can't cope and we can't afford for them to continue spilling over the border in ever increasing numbers. Are we going to need to be made totally bankrupt before the Government tells Brussels there's totally no room or money to take any more and the ones queuing to get in in France need to be removed by brussels and taken to other EU countries a lot larger than the UK who're not taking their fair share like France for example. The only countries who're getting hammered are the UK, Spain which is on it's knees too because of it and germany. The other countries and taking on tiny amounts compared to their land mass. All asylum claims should be stopped straight away until the majority who're bogus are deported and the ones accepted be settled. A back log of 6 years is unacceptable because there's that many. As you prob guessed i'm fuming with Labour for putting us in this situation and also George Osbourne for stripping tax payers to the bone while not mentioning the huge amounts spent in Legal aid for asylum seekers even when it's so obvious that they're bogus but brussels tells us they're gotta have x amount of appeals before deportation which makes a large percentage when it comes to the end of the process and it's basically guarantee they'll be refused they then go on the run taking jobs for cash in hand that people legally here and allowed to work should be doing. Also foreign aid has been increased by 27% which is just a **** check when there's hundreds of thousands of people having to use food banks or they'd starve with an increasing number of working people having to use them because the Government have stripped us to the bone so much. How can we be told we've gotta help people in other countries starving when people in this country are starving. If nothing's going to be done we will go bankrupt and normal people will be rioting in the street. The Conservatives haven't dealt with this in the best way but it remains to say a decade of really bad management by labour have caused this and still they've not even apologised for it when the majority of labour mps were also stealing direct from the tax payer and still are now they've just changed how they do it. Sorry for the long message but i'm absolutley livid with what we're having to put up with now[/p][/quote]If there was a prize for turning the subject into an irrelevant Daily Mail rant you would get it :-) I can't be bothered reading most of it but three points All Prime Minister's are "unelected" - in that they are not voted for in a general election. There is no such legal status of "English people" - but if you mean those born in England then they are not banned from the Scottish parliament There is no such thing as an "English Parliament"[/p][/quote]I'll think you'll find nobody who's English can join as a MSP. Also cause a prime minister is elected, if Gordon Brown had stepped down it's well accepted that Labour would've done better in the General election and what the hell are you on about there's no such thing as someone being legally English? Have you been smoking something? And it's quite relevant because changing to fortnightly is an exercise to save money because Labour screwed us all. I hope you have a look at the Scottish parliament rules and come back and say yano what your right no English person can be part of the Scottish Parliament and if you have a look at your passport in country of Birth it will say England which makes you English doesn't it? What team plays in the football world cup? Is it the British team or the English team, the Welsh Team, the Scottish Team? You've gotta have never played for another national team but most of the time it's English people in the England team. Scottish people in the Scotland Team And Welsh people in the Wales team so tell me again Why you think that there's no such thing as an English person? Ha ha cheers for the laugh i was fuming when i wrote that comment but your ridiculous incorrect statements really tickled me, you're not the sharpest blade in the drawer are you? notatcreamfields

4:33pm Tue 11 Dec 12

notatcreamfields says...

I actually feel sorry for you Nick because calling someone a daily mail reader seems to be the only thing you say to people, i don't actually read the daily mail but with you intermite knowledge of what daily mail readers allegedly say i'm say that you must be a reader yourself to be knowing so much about them lol soft lad
I actually feel sorry for you Nick because calling someone a daily mail reader seems to be the only thing you say to people, i don't actually read the daily mail but with you intermite knowledge of what daily mail readers allegedly say i'm say that you must be a reader yourself to be knowing so much about them lol soft lad notatcreamfields

4:44pm Tue 11 Dec 12

Freeborn John says...

It isn't hygienic to leave food waste for up to a fortnight, especially in Summer.
You think bin wagons whiff a bit now, wait til this scheme comes in!
It isn't hygienic to leave food waste for up to a fortnight, especially in Summer. You think bin wagons whiff a bit now, wait til this scheme comes in! Freeborn John

4:50pm Tue 11 Dec 12

Cleopatra says...

Well this topic deteriorated from rubbish bins to stuff to put in them.
Well this topic deteriorated from rubbish bins to stuff to put in them. Cleopatra

4:53pm Tue 11 Dec 12

notatcreamfields says...

Plus there's English, Scottish and Welsh Parliament because of something called devoloution and if the English parliament had control of the Welsh and Scottish Parliament we'd be forcing NHS charges to be payable in Wales and Scotland to help to pay for the deficiet and also making Scottish universitys to take charges instead of giving free higher education which is at a huge cost. If you don't know about politics Nick it's probably best not to get involved with it and making yourself look incredibily stupid like a sun reader who also reads the mail to try and make out you intelligent
Plus there's English, Scottish and Welsh Parliament because of something called devoloution and if the English parliament had control of the Welsh and Scottish Parliament we'd be forcing NHS charges to be payable in Wales and Scotland to help to pay for the deficiet and also making Scottish universitys to take charges instead of giving free higher education which is at a huge cost. If you don't know about politics Nick it's probably best not to get involved with it and making yourself look incredibily stupid like a sun reader who also reads the mail to try and make out you intelligent notatcreamfields

5:11pm Tue 11 Dec 12

notatcreamfields says...

Lol Cleo i was just fuming cause i was reading something earlier about how much damage Labour did to the economy and that George Osbourne isn't really doing an awfull lot to get us out of it and in effect causing a growing number of working families having to use food banks or they'd starve when there's massive hikes in foreign aid. Nick made me chuckle with every statement he's tried to prove is incorrect is actually correct and he's made himself look very stupid indeed which is why he's keeping his trap shut now. His view that everyone who doesn't make politically correct statements is actually really funny cause that's all he comes out with. Our country is massively damaged and the only way of sorting it out is to speak out instead of staying quiet and just accepting it. I'm sure you agree with me Cleo that it's disgusting that families specially working families who can't even afford to feed themselves because of huge cut backs. If foreign aid wasn't recieving a lot more and the Legal aid bill for asylum seekers wasn't completely out of control then i guess the Government could get away with watching working families starve and not doing anything about it whatsoever instead of making it harder because they said no money was available to help them and relying on christian charitys to feed them but that's not what's happening as you know foreign aid has been increased by over 1/4 and the Legal aid bill for asylum is going up by millions of pounds each month. In times of austerity if the chancellor is making cut backs the only spending increases that should be happening is increases to try to prevent English people from having to use food banks
Lol Cleo i was just fuming cause i was reading something earlier about how much damage Labour did to the economy and that George Osbourne isn't really doing an awfull lot to get us out of it and in effect causing a growing number of working families having to use food banks or they'd starve when there's massive hikes in foreign aid. Nick made me chuckle with every statement he's tried to prove is incorrect is actually correct and he's made himself look very stupid indeed which is why he's keeping his trap shut now. His view that everyone who doesn't make politically correct statements is actually really funny cause that's all he comes out with. Our country is massively damaged and the only way of sorting it out is to speak out instead of staying quiet and just accepting it. I'm sure you agree with me Cleo that it's disgusting that families specially working families who can't even afford to feed themselves because of huge cut backs. If foreign aid wasn't recieving a lot more and the Legal aid bill for asylum seekers wasn't completely out of control then i guess the Government could get away with watching working families starve and not doing anything about it whatsoever instead of making it harder because they said no money was available to help them and relying on christian charitys to feed them but that's not what's happening as you know foreign aid has been increased by over 1/4 and the Legal aid bill for asylum is going up by millions of pounds each month. In times of austerity if the chancellor is making cut backs the only spending increases that should be happening is increases to try to prevent English people from having to use food banks notatcreamfields

6:25pm Tue 11 Dec 12

comedymeister says...

I left my wife for a bin man.
But even he wouldn't take her!.
I left my wife for a bin man. But even he wouldn't take her!. comedymeister

6:28pm Tue 11 Dec 12

notatcreamfields says...

comedymeister wrote:
I left my wife for a bin man.
But even he wouldn't take her!.
Did they leave a contaminated sticker on her fod then?
[quote][p][bold]comedymeister[/bold] wrote: I left my wife for a bin man. But even he wouldn't take her!.[/p][/quote]Did they leave a contaminated sticker on her fod then? notatcreamfields

6:30pm Tue 11 Dec 12

comedymeister says...

No, non-recyclable!
No, non-recyclable! comedymeister

6:50pm Tue 11 Dec 12

notatcreamfields says...

Devoed you'll have to put her in a free Barnardos sack next and leave her on the door step to see if they'll take her, some people are totally ungratefull ain't they? Well looks like Nick Tessla isn't going to reply now he's made himself look like the simpleton he is with his smart alec comments that has made himself look REALLY stupid. He seems to think everyone who doesn't lie back and let the Government give them a kicking automatically reads the daily mail. What makes it even funnier is he's realised what a total tool he's made out of himself because not one of his comments to try and make me look like the stupid one is true and he's not been able to remove it when he's clocked on how ridiculous his statement is because usually he jumps on people who reply to him. Actually feel sorry for him cause ya can tell he was a "victim" at school who's always tried to baffle people with the total trash he comes out with COME ON NICK WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE FOR MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A TOTAL IDIOT? Maybe if one of his statements was true he'd be able to make a come back but every single one is wrong ha ha ha
Devoed you'll have to put her in a free Barnardos sack next and leave her on the door step to see if they'll take her, some people are totally ungratefull ain't they? Well looks like Nick Tessla isn't going to reply now he's made himself look like the simpleton he is with his smart alec comments that has made himself look REALLY stupid. He seems to think everyone who doesn't lie back and let the Government give them a kicking automatically reads the daily mail. What makes it even funnier is he's realised what a total tool he's made out of himself because not one of his comments to try and make me look like the stupid one is true and he's not been able to remove it when he's clocked on how ridiculous his statement is because usually he jumps on people who reply to him. Actually feel sorry for him cause ya can tell he was a "victim" at school who's always tried to baffle people with the total trash he comes out with COME ON NICK WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE FOR MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A TOTAL IDIOT? Maybe if one of his statements was true he'd be able to make a come back but every single one is wrong ha ha ha notatcreamfields

7:53pm Tue 11 Dec 12

old-codger says...

This country is knackered up, I,m not racist but enough is enough, When we cant feed our own its time to stop feeding others..Since the eastern bloc joined the EU they all pass through Germany, Holland, Belgium,and France to get here. WHY. We know why but we dare not say in in case we are accused of being racist when all we are doing is voicing our honest opinion..
This country is knackered up, I,m not racist but enough is enough, When we cant feed our own its time to stop feeding others..Since the eastern bloc joined the EU they all pass through Germany, Holland, Belgium,and France to get here. WHY. We know why but we dare not say in in case we are accused of being racist when all we are doing is voicing our honest opinion.. old-codger

7:54pm Tue 11 Dec 12

old-codger says...

NOW WAIT FOR THE BACKLASH..........
NOW WAIT FOR THE BACKLASH.......... old-codger

8:28pm Tue 11 Dec 12

notatcreamfields says...

Totally my point codger was just funny that Nick's attempts to try to make out my points where wrong when every single thing he tried to pick up on was actually true so he was wrong on every single point. You seen the news about the 2011 census results? Total **** take and it's nobs like nick that try to make people feel like they're out of order for making the point. It's our country we've paid taxes all our lifes and we should come first but it's the Nick Teslas of the country that think we should be at the bottom of the pile and immigrants and asylum seekers should come first. Would we come first if we claimed asylum or immigrated to their country and even get 1% of what they get here? Would we hell we'd prob be refused asylum too and if we did get accepted we'd get no help whatsoever
Totally my point codger was just funny that Nick's attempts to try to make out my points where wrong when every single thing he tried to pick up on was actually true so he was wrong on every single point. You seen the news about the 2011 census results? Total **** take and it's nobs like nick that try to make people feel like they're out of order for making the point. It's our country we've paid taxes all our lifes and we should come first but it's the Nick Teslas of the country that think we should be at the bottom of the pile and immigrants and asylum seekers should come first. Would we come first if we claimed asylum or immigrated to their country and even get 1% of what they get here? Would we hell we'd prob be refused asylum too and if we did get accepted we'd get no help whatsoever notatcreamfields

10:05pm Tue 11 Dec 12

davehedgehog says...

I'm not always in town on bin day, I could go a month between bin collections if fornightly collections are given the go-ahead. My vote is a definite NO.
I'm not always in town on bin day, I could go a month between bin collections if fornightly collections are given the go-ahead. My vote is a definite NO. davehedgehog

7:03am Wed 12 Dec 12

Saysitasitis says...

Freeborn John wrote:
It isn't hygienic to leave food waste for up to a fortnight, especially in Summer.
You think bin wagons whiff a bit now, wait til this scheme comes in!
Simples....don't waste food.!
Buy less or eat all you buy...
Not hard is it..
We have fortnightly and as many have said above...careful consideration in what (and how much you buy), recycling and even crushing tins, plastic bottles, boxes etc will give you so much more room.
Be sensible...fortnighl
y is more than adequate if you just think...
[quote][p][bold]Freeborn John[/bold] wrote: It isn't hygienic to leave food waste for up to a fortnight, especially in Summer. You think bin wagons whiff a bit now, wait til this scheme comes in![/p][/quote]Simples....don't waste food.! Buy less or eat all you buy... Not hard is it.. We have fortnightly and as many have said above...careful consideration in what (and how much you buy), recycling and even crushing tins, plastic bottles, boxes etc will give you so much more room. Be sensible...fortnighl y is more than adequate if you just think... Saysitasitis

8:18am Wed 12 Dec 12

the dr who says...

you just put all the crap that cant be traced back to you into a bin bag and chuck and dump it somewhere, the council will end up spending more than ever to collect it.

its a stupid idea my bin is full every week when you have a large family its not possible to just make do every 2 weeks.
you just put all the crap that cant be traced back to you into a bin bag and chuck and dump it somewhere, the council will end up spending more than ever to collect it. its a stupid idea my bin is full every week when you have a large family its not possible to just make do every 2 weeks. the dr who

8:54am Wed 12 Dec 12

(",)Me says...

You say you want to save 1 million a year...... well will people not dumping rubbish not end up costing this amount anyways. What about rats etc with people leaving bags outside there houses. Im a young family of five and the amount of rubbish that we have wont keep my bin lid shut for 2 weeks which they will then refuse to empty and for me going the tip................. I wont be!!
You say you want to save 1 million a year...... well will people not dumping rubbish not end up costing this amount anyways. What about rats etc with people leaving bags outside there houses. Im a young family of five and the amount of rubbish that we have wont keep my bin lid shut for 2 weeks which they will then refuse to empty and for me going the tip................. I wont be!! (",)Me

9:31am Wed 12 Dec 12

Nick Tessla says...

notatcreamfields wrote:
Devoed you'll have to put her in a free Barnardos sack next and leave her on the door step to see if they'll take her, some people are totally ungratefull ain't they? Well looks like Nick Tessla isn't going to reply now he's made himself look like the simpleton he is with his smart alec comments that has made himself look REALLY stupid. He seems to think everyone who doesn't lie back and let the Government give them a kicking automatically reads the daily mail. What makes it even funnier is he's realised what a total tool he's made out of himself because not one of his comments to try and make me look like the stupid one is true and he's not been able to remove it when he's clocked on how ridiculous his statement is because usually he jumps on people who reply to him. Actually feel sorry for him cause ya can tell he was a "victim" at school who's always tried to baffle people with the total trash he comes out with COME ON NICK WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE FOR MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A TOTAL IDIOT? Maybe if one of his statements was true he'd be able to make a come back but every single one is wrong ha ha ha
Not replied earlier because I was too busy last night to help you pass your citizenship test -LMAO



Place of birth is not the same as citizenship, one of the reasons being that being born in the UK does not automatically make you a British Citizen - BRITISH citizen being the term I think you'll find is used by on passports.


To quote the electoral commission website re eligibility to stand for the Scottish Parliament ,

"be at least 18 years old


be a BRITISH citizen , an eligible commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member of the european union"


I know that it may be confusing for you that there is a Scottish Parliament and a Welsh Assembly with SOME, but not all, devolved powers but that building with the big clock tower you may have seen on the BBC News (That;s BBC B as in british , not EBC, just in case you're confused,) is the UK Parliament. there is no such thing as an English parliament.


In case you believe otherwise repeating a false fact does not take it so, even when you resort to calling people idiots and tools.
[quote][p][bold]notatcreamfields[/bold] wrote: Devoed you'll have to put her in a free Barnardos sack next and leave her on the door step to see if they'll take her, some people are totally ungratefull ain't they? Well looks like Nick Tessla isn't going to reply now he's made himself look like the simpleton he is with his smart alec comments that has made himself look REALLY stupid. He seems to think everyone who doesn't lie back and let the Government give them a kicking automatically reads the daily mail. What makes it even funnier is he's realised what a total tool he's made out of himself because not one of his comments to try and make me look like the stupid one is true and he's not been able to remove it when he's clocked on how ridiculous his statement is because usually he jumps on people who reply to him. Actually feel sorry for him cause ya can tell he was a "victim" at school who's always tried to baffle people with the total trash he comes out with COME ON NICK WHAT'S YOUR EXCUSE FOR MAKING YOURSELF LOOK LIKE A TOTAL IDIOT? Maybe if one of his statements was true he'd be able to make a come back but every single one is wrong ha ha ha[/p][/quote]Not replied earlier because I was too busy last night to help you pass your citizenship test -LMAO Place of birth is not the same as citizenship, one of the reasons being that being born in the UK does not automatically make you a British Citizen - BRITISH citizen being the term I think you'll find is used by on passports. To quote the electoral commission website re eligibility to stand for the Scottish Parliament , "be at least 18 years old be a BRITISH citizen , an eligible commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member of the european union" I know that it may be confusing for you that there is a Scottish Parliament and a Welsh Assembly with SOME, but not all, devolved powers but that building with the big clock tower you may have seen on the BBC News (That;s BBC B as in british , not EBC, just in case you're confused,) is the UK Parliament. there is no such thing as an English parliament. In case you believe otherwise repeating a false fact does not take it so, even when you resort to calling people idiots and tools. Nick Tessla

9:33am Wed 12 Dec 12

Nick Tessla says...

I mean make it so - not take it so - d'oh!
I mean make it so - not take it so - d'oh! Nick Tessla

9:51am Wed 12 Dec 12

Freeborn John says...

Saysitasitis wrote:
Freeborn John wrote:
It isn't hygienic to leave food waste for up to a fortnight, especially in Summer.
You think bin wagons whiff a bit now, wait til this scheme comes in!
Simples....don't waste food.!
Buy less or eat all you buy...
Not hard is it..
We have fortnightly and as many have said above...careful consideration in what (and how much you buy), recycling and even crushing tins, plastic bottles, boxes etc will give you so much more room.
Be sensible...fortnighl

y is more than adequate if you just think...
Thank you, and by the same token, can I suggest that you carefully grind up all your newspapers and cardboard and mix it with your food, thus saving the council even more money since they could leave your blue bin for a month at a time...Simples.
But seriously, some organic waste can't be avoided, and those who take the healthy option and cook their own food rather than live out of tins produce more than most.
Likewise, since Warrington has a fast food shop on nearly every corner it's obvious that a great many people are taking the downright unhealthy option, one that produces a lot of leftovers and food contaminated waste, and those people aren't about to change their lifestyle to suit you or the council.
[quote][p][bold]Saysitasitis[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Freeborn John[/bold] wrote: It isn't hygienic to leave food waste for up to a fortnight, especially in Summer. You think bin wagons whiff a bit now, wait til this scheme comes in![/p][/quote]Simples....don't waste food.! Buy less or eat all you buy... Not hard is it.. We have fortnightly and as many have said above...careful consideration in what (and how much you buy), recycling and even crushing tins, plastic bottles, boxes etc will give you so much more room. Be sensible...fortnighl y is more than adequate if you just think...[/p][/quote]Thank you, and by the same token, can I suggest that you carefully grind up all your newspapers and cardboard and mix it with your food, thus saving the council even more money since they could leave your blue bin for a month at a time...Simples. But seriously, some organic waste can't be avoided, and those who take the healthy option and cook their own food rather than live out of tins produce more than most. Likewise, since Warrington has a fast food shop on nearly every corner it's obvious that a great many people are taking the downright unhealthy option, one that produces a lot of leftovers and food contaminated waste, and those people aren't about to change their lifestyle to suit you or the council. Freeborn John

10:07am Wed 12 Dec 12

Woolston_R_Us says...

I'm totally up for the bin collection to become fortnightly. I put my black bin out fortnightly anyway when it reaches 75% full. The rest of waste is recyclable.

Why are people putting food in the bin? Any veg matter could be composted - even if you have no garden you could contribute to a community garden surely?

Any food matter not recommended for compost i.e. meat and bones should be put in a bin bag and sealed before putting in the black bin. Therefore the smell stays within the bag.

Anyway, aren't the black bins cleaned every so often by workers?

I'm not fighting against those who don't do this, just some suggestions for you to take on here to help you :)
I'm totally up for the bin collection to become fortnightly. I put my black bin out fortnightly anyway when it reaches 75% full. The rest of waste is recyclable. Why are people putting food in the bin? Any veg matter could be composted - even if you have no garden you could contribute to a community garden surely? Any food matter not recommended for compost i.e. meat and bones should be put in a bin bag and sealed before putting in the black bin. Therefore the smell stays within the bag. Anyway, aren't the black bins cleaned every so often by workers? I'm not fighting against those who don't do this, just some suggestions for you to take on here to help you :) Woolston_R_Us

12:19pm Wed 12 Dec 12

CHADWICK says...

Does the blue bin stuff actually go to a different site than the black bin stuff ? I've heard, probably incorrectly, that they all get emptied into the same place.
Does the blue bin stuff actually go to a different site than the black bin stuff ? I've heard, probably incorrectly, that they all get emptied into the same place. CHADWICK

12:50pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Reader says...

When it was mentioned ages ago that it might go to fortnightly we actually tried to see if we could cope without a weekly black collection. We couldn't and had to keep excess in a bin sack next to our bin. The dog liked that though so finished up putting the excess bag inside our blue bin and when collection day came we walked the road in the dark trying to find a half empty (black) neighbours bin that we could sneak it in. Where my cousin lives they already have fortnightly collections and he says their bins stink in summer and they get loads of flies even though things are double/trebble wrapped in bags before being put in the bin and they disinfect their bin too but still doesn;t make a difference.

Woolston-R-Us,,,, no the bin men workers in Warrington DO NOT clean the bins every so often and haven't done in the 22 years we've lived here. Private companies do though but that costs about a fiver.
When it was mentioned ages ago that it might go to fortnightly we actually tried to see if we could cope without a weekly black collection. We couldn't and had to keep excess in a bin sack next to our bin. The dog liked that though so finished up putting the excess bag inside our blue bin and when collection day came we walked the road in the dark trying to find a half empty (black) neighbours bin that we could sneak it in. Where my cousin lives they already have fortnightly collections and he says their bins stink in summer and they get loads of flies even though things are double/trebble wrapped in bags before being put in the bin and they disinfect their bin too but still doesn;t make a difference. Woolston-R-Us,,,, no the bin men workers in Warrington DO NOT clean the bins every so often and haven't done in the 22 years we've lived here. Private companies do though but that costs about a fiver. Reader

12:54pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Chip Hazard says...

I've paid my council tax for the full period therefore I expect the council to maintain weekly collections until the next council tax year begins.
I've paid my council tax for the full period therefore I expect the council to maintain weekly collections until the next council tax year begins. Chip Hazard

1:12pm Wed 12 Dec 12

mr dave k says...

i'm from warrington,my whole family live in warrington,however i moved slightly out of warrington and now come under vale royal,the council in northwich went to fortnightly a few year ago.it does not save a penny,fly tipping in the area went thru the roof and beyond,more people started to use the council dump more,and in summer it causes all kinds of smell and problems,its the same sh*t wether it goes in your own bin,to the tip,or gets fly tipped,it saves nothing !!!
i'm from warrington,my whole family live in warrington,however i moved slightly out of warrington and now come under vale royal,the council in northwich went to fortnightly a few year ago.it does not save a penny,fly tipping in the area went thru the roof and beyond,more people started to use the council dump more,and in summer it causes all kinds of smell and problems,its the same sh*t wether it goes in your own bin,to the tip,or gets fly tipped,it saves nothing !!! mr dave k

1:48pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Wellshot says...

I live somewhere that already has this system. It doesn't work i'm afraid, as laudable as the intentions are. The town is enough of a mess already, it doesn't need this.
I live somewhere that already has this system. It doesn't work i'm afraid, as laudable as the intentions are. The town is enough of a mess already, it doesn't need this. Wellshot

1:48pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Wellshot says...

People should recycle more though, so that part is right...
People should recycle more though, so that part is right... Wellshot

2:03pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Woolston_R_Us says...

Ah right. I had seen the cleaners jetwash inside the bins, but always out when this happens, so wasn't sure whether they were Council or Private.

I don't really bother with this service, but then I usually bag waste and give the bin a quick spray to rid vaccuum cleaner dust from the bottom.

I don't know if this would help, but you can purchase bin liners for the black bin. Whether cheaper from use than paying a fiver I don't know. Nor do I know if these are eco friendly i.e. biodegradable.

Not that I'm trying to convince anyone fortnight collections is a good idea as I know it won't work for everyone. I'm just putting forward my thoughts on this.
Ah right. I had seen the cleaners jetwash inside the bins, but always out when this happens, so wasn't sure whether they were Council or Private. I don't really bother with this service, but then I usually bag waste and give the bin a quick spray to rid vaccuum cleaner dust from the bottom. I don't know if this would help, but you can purchase bin liners for the black bin. Whether cheaper from use than paying a fiver I don't know. Nor do I know if these are eco friendly i.e. biodegradable. Not that I'm trying to convince anyone fortnight collections is a good idea as I know it won't work for everyone. I'm just putting forward my thoughts on this. Woolston_R_Us

2:06pm Wed 12 Dec 12

Nick Tessla says...

One last note to Notatcreamfields for his citizenship exam re "unelected" Prime Minister (bit technical this but trry and keep up)


The point is that in this country we do not have a directly elected head of Goverment (i.e. Prime Minister) voted for in a general election. We vote for candidates at a constituency level then the tendency is for the leader of the party with most MPs to become Prime Minister.


Glad to be of help :-)
One last note to Notatcreamfields for his citizenship exam re "unelected" Prime Minister (bit technical this but trry and keep up) The point is that in this country we do not have a directly elected head of Goverment (i.e. Prime Minister) voted for in a general election. We vote for candidates at a constituency level then the tendency is for the leader of the party with most MPs to become Prime Minister. Glad to be of help :-) Nick Tessla

3:51pm Wed 12 Dec 12

old-codger says...

We could manage fortnightly collections if given a bigger bin, The idea of having black bin bags next to the black bin defeats the object of having bins, The bigger bin will take more rubbish therefore giving off a bigger smell, rotting scraps of food encourage flies and maggots etc etc etc even in a black bag, So when they find out fortnightly collections dont work what will happen then ??.
We could manage fortnightly collections if given a bigger bin, The idea of having black bin bags next to the black bin defeats the object of having bins, The bigger bin will take more rubbish therefore giving off a bigger smell, rotting scraps of food encourage flies and maggots etc etc etc even in a black bag, So when they find out fortnightly collections dont work what will happen then ??. old-codger

8:54pm Wed 12 Dec 12

bill_paddington says...

There is a perfectly simple solution to this and I’m surprised nobodies already suggested it.

If 50% of people are happy with a fortnightly collection then let them do it while the remainder can do it weekly. That way everyone gets exactly what they need and with 25% less bins to empty, the bin men can work a three day rather than four day week which is much better than the sack.
There is a perfectly simple solution to this and I’m surprised nobodies already suggested it. If 50% of people are happy with a fortnightly collection then let them do it while the remainder can do it weekly. That way everyone gets exactly what they need and with 25% less bins to empty, the bin men can work a three day rather than four day week which is much better than the sack. bill_paddington

10:05am Thu 13 Dec 12

nextdoor says...

Aren't the bin men agency anyway?

Give us waste food bins that are collected weekly and collect the black bins fortnightly.
Aren't the bin men agency anyway? Give us waste food bins that are collected weekly and collect the black bins fortnightly. nextdoor

4:25pm Thu 13 Dec 12

jdow says...

I am one of the lucky one's that can manage a fortnightly collection but if you have a nice neighbour you could always ask them if you could put a bag in there bin. and if you need a another blue bin ask for one i did and i got one
I am one of the lucky one's that can manage a fortnightly collection but if you have a nice neighbour you could always ask them if you could put a bag in there bin. and if you need a another blue bin ask for one i did and i got one jdow

9:36pm Thu 13 Dec 12

SAC_in_Warrington says...

Please contact the Council with your comments, objections or otherwise. They need to think this issue through before altering the way they currently dispose of Warrington's waste. The need to take these in to consideration. However they may eventually commission an enormous incinerator and locate it your locality; that could be your house and local community that is impacted and affected detrimentally.
Please contact the Council with your comments, objections or otherwise. They need to think this issue through before altering the way they currently dispose of Warrington's waste. The need to take these in to consideration. However they may eventually commission an enormous incinerator and locate it your locality; that could be your house and local community that is impacted and affected detrimentally. SAC_in_Warrington

9:26am Fri 14 Dec 12

Nick Tessla says...

An incinerator would be somewhat ironic considering the scare-mongering lies Labour told, about alleged plans for one, when they were in opposition.
An incinerator would be somewhat ironic considering the scare-mongering lies Labour told, about alleged plans for one, when they were in opposition. Nick Tessla

1:06pm Sat 15 Dec 12

roadrunner says...

The £900,000 saved, will have to be spent on cleaning up fly tipping.....What value are we all getting from our ever increasing council tax rises.....? As for the blue bins....most of it goes in the landfill anyway...!! Yet again we are paying more and getting less for it.....Welcome a Tory lead country.
The £900,000 saved, will have to be spent on cleaning up fly tipping.....What value are we all getting from our ever increasing council tax rises.....? As for the blue bins....most of it goes in the landfill anyway...!! Yet again we are paying more and getting less for it.....Welcome a Tory lead country. roadrunner

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree